This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted comfrey seeds please

I keep on reading about comfrey as a fertilizer, and how good it is.
    If anyone has a spare couple of seeds, I would really appreciate it.

And I will try and accommodate what you need in return, as I can't find these in any garden center

Thanks for your time!

Best wishes

hello there,as other threads on here,the ones from seed spread,but boking{spelling}14,is from the root,i was given some last year,and simply cut it up in little bits,potted it up and away it grows,a lot less invasive,but not know when is the best time to dig some up yet,as it's dormant at the moment,i will be happy to post you some out when time is right,and ground suitable,
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-02-2012, 01:12 PM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Ditto - give it another 6 weeks and there will be people who could dig you up a root and send it on.
      Last edited by zazen999; 07-02-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        hello there,as other threads on here,the ones from seed spread,but boking{spelling}14,is from the root,i was given some last year,and simply cut it up in little bits,potted it up and away it grows,a lot less invasive,but not know when is the best time to dig some up yet,as it's dormant at the moment,i will be happy to post you some out when time is right,and ground suitable,

Oh wow! Brilliant thank you

Is their anything you would like in return?

I have a few options, and if I don't I am sure I can push the boat out for you

Best wishes
        And thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by super trowel View Post
          I keep on reading about comfrey as a fertilizer... I can't find these in any garden center
          As mentioned, it's the Bocking 14 (sterile) variety you want. I got mine from eBay. From that original root cutting, I now have about 60 plants
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

I'd love some comfrey root too please! May I add my name to the "Wanted" list when the time is right?

Comment

Thank you lottie dolly

Comment

Thanks lottie

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
                  As mentioned, it's the Bocking 14 (sterile) variety you want. I got mine from eBay. From that original root cutting, I now have about 60 plants
                  thats preciely what mine is,
                  a fellow lottie holder shared with me,
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    I'd love some comfrey root too please! May I add my name to the "Wanted" list when the time is right?
                    for you friend

Comment

Thank you zazen999

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                        Ditto - give it another 6 weeks and there will be people how could dig you up a root and send it on.
                        thankz zaz,it was given to me in a little clump,last spring,i cut up in aprox 1in bits or near slithers,potted up,a few weeks latter when i had greenery about 4in high it went into the ground and was well established before the autumn,i propose to send it out wraped in a polly bag and bubble wrap parcel,will have to think about asking for postage for any other peeps,

Comment

Arghhh, my phone is just not working today!
                          Hopefully that is a thred count of 50

Comment

Veggie chicken try 68.5

Comment

OK you win (just) - 65!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X