Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VC - you can have some from me, next time I'm down the plot I'll get some for you (I have some sunk in the ground in pots).

Comment

Thanks Chris. Lottie Dolly has offered me some but yours have the merit of being on my doorstep, so to speak! You're all so kind!!

Comment

I planted some last year so should be able to share some in the spring. Is there anything I should know about taking root cuttings from it (i've never done this before)
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          Thanks Chris. Lottie Dolly has offered me some but yours have the merit of being on my doorstep, so to speak! You're all so kind!!
          I didn't read the whole thread, but to save LD posting it I'm happy to give you some - I can pop it on your doorstep on my way to work one day. If LD posts it though, just let me know

Comment

LD's isn't ready yet - and yours wouldn't get lost in the post! Thanks again.

Comment

Righto!

I'm hoping to get up there this weekend, so will drop you a PM if the thumb (aka wife) lets the pressure off so I can get away from decorating for a few hours.

Comment

Thanks Chris. There's absolutely no rush. Whenever the pressure is lifted....

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                  Righto!

I'm hoping to get up there this weekend, so will drop you a PM if the thumb (aka wife) lets the pressure off so I can get away from decorating for a few hours.
                  errrr you men have some nerve lol,the thumb indeed,it certainly makes more scence than the post,it's fresher for 1 thing,
                  lucky VC,isnt that what friends are for

on that note if anyone lives in my area,and wish for some later on,you are welcome to collect and view our plots
                  Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-02-2012, 03:35 PM. Reason: posting to quick to spelllol
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by Ananke View Post
                    I planted some last year ...anything I should know about taking root cuttings from it
                    I wouldn't divide it this year, I'd let it get a bit bigger & stronger.

Then, you simply shove a sharp spade down into the clump & take off a section of root. Bung it in a hole, and a whole new clump will grow
                    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

comfrey

just seen this on ebay is this the right 11 RUSSIAN COMFREY, ORGANIC, Bocking 14, 11x2+inch (22 inch) Live root/cuttings | eBay stuff :-?
                      Last edited by simongimson; 07-02-2012, 08:54 PM.

Comment

If there is a spare root going I would like to try some thanks
                        Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Originally posted by simongimson View Post
                          just seen this on ebay
                          Bocking 14, yes, that's the one.

Comment

cheers t s

Comment

If anyone has any root cuttings now spring is here I would love to make a Comfrey corner on my new allotment - is it wise to sink pots for the Bocking 14 variety also?

obviously postage paid and/or a swap in return. Thanks all.
                              "Live like a peasant, eat like a king..."
                              Sow it, grow it • Adventures on Plot 10b - my allotment blog.
                              I'm also on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by sowitgrowit View Post
                                is it wise to sink pots for the Bocking 14 variety also?
                                Nope.

The point of comfrey is that it sends down a big taproot to draw nutrients from way down deep in the soil. Don't confine it to a pot

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X