This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomato seeds to good homes

Well, the whole point of a heritage is to pass it on, right? So, if anyone would like to try some of the tomato varieties I grew this year, I'll be happy to pass some seeds on. This year's three toms were:

- Black Russian
    - Striped Roman
    - Gelbe Koenigin

Also I have some
    - Orange Favourite (from a swap, I haven't got too many seeds of those but will gladly share)

All 2011 seeds, all vine tomatoes

This is not a swap (I can't get hold of Royal Mail stamps as I'm not in the UK, and your SAEs wouldn't work in this case, either). Just drop me a PM with your address during the next, say, two weeks, and I'll send you some, hoping you'll like them and pass some seeds on to someone else next year.

You can see pictures of the first three varieties in my photo album if you visit my profile, also a brief description of each variety. I got them from G. Bohl's "Private seed archive" which tries to save more than 2,000 varieties from all over the world. I'll soon send my surplus seeds back to the archive and swap there but if some of you Grapes would like to try them, that would be great, after all, that's the whole point, isn't it?
    ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

I would love to try your black russian. I'm sure I can send some seeds to wherever you are, as long as it' not australia....only because they're a bit funny about it....

Comment

Where are you based? I'd love to try a couple black russians too, depending on your location as taff says!

Comment

That is a very generous offer, I would love to try some and pass some on next year.
        My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi all, I'm in North Germany, Lueneburg Heath, not too far from Munster which some may know. Very flat, very sandy soil, very few people and lots of landscape You can walk for days on end and hardly ever meet anyone, apart from roe deer, hares and birds of course. Absolutely lovely!
          But to get back on topic - yes you can all gladly have some, but you need to give me your address Santa is too busy at the moment to help me with seed orders!

Comment

Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
            very few people and lots of landscape You can walk for days on end and hardly ever meet anyone, apart from roe deer, hares and birds of course. Absolutely lovely!

My heart fluttered just a little when I read that, how very lucky you are. I hate living in the city but who knows, maybe one day

Comment

Yes, you're right, I'm really blessed and I'm grateful for it every day!

Comment

fab. I can do in return....

brads black heart if you havent got that. Doesn't split, big heart shaped beefsteak.
                Black trifele [ but you will have to sow a handful of seeds and pick out the potato leaved ones because i mixed up a load of them with black krim by accident - I didn't save any from this years so I have to do that next year ]

Comment

do we have a little colour preference
                  Brad's Black Heart is interesting, because it doesn't seem to be in the archive* (although I should get their latest list of varieties, I still use the 2009 version).

*G. Bohls "Private Seed Archive" with about 2,700 varieties from all over the world, which is where I get mine from every year. I save seeds, send them back and swap for new varieties. Takes me months to browse their list!!! And no, they never got around to putting up a website.

Comment

Okay everyone, your letters are in the post
                    It would be nice to hear whether they all arrive happy and healthy.
                    Let's see how fast the mail snails are these days, with Christmas coming...

Comment

Hi Nellie, my seeds arrived this afternoon.

Loved the packaging, Merry Christmas to you too.

I'm really looking forward to trying these out and I will share my seeds next year.

Comment

my seeds arrived this morning, thank you very much :0
                        a selection will be on it's way to you, ingenious packaging method too

Comment

Thank you nellie-m my seeds arrived yesterday afternoon along with a tax rebate double celebrations lol Thanks again and a very Merry Christmas to you x
                          Last edited by Currysniffa; 01-12-2011, 09:23 AM.
                          Chris

My Allotment Journal @
                          Google+ and Youtube

https://plus.google.com/106010041709270771598/posts

http://www.youtube.com/user/GrowingJournal/videos
                          -

Updated Regularly-Last Update was 30-05-16

Comment

Good grief.

I was expecting 4/5 BR seeds only!

Nellie, that's so kind of you - thank you. I've had a quick blast on google translate to figure out what is what.. I was just about to order some of the seeds you've sent me too! double bonus.

Great way of sending them too

Thank you very much!

Comment

I'll wait until we have the seeds from the tomato swap [I forgot about that] and send you some of those ones too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X