Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Nellie M - I will go and ask them to get the variety again or give me seed. As for the Blaby special, they hold a tomato festival every year and guess who has put it into her diary...?
    I have also made a note to go via the local allotments and seek out a Blaby grower. Having looked at the blogs, quite a few of them are keeping it going/growing. Then I can return your favour!
    Obviously the South Derbyshire/Leicestershire border areas were tomato growing territory around last century.
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Isn't it exciting? Forget about the North pole!
      Bretby, Blaby, missing tomatoes reports...
      ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Posted!!! Various black varieites including some of Zazens Blue OSU...Again, apologies for the length of time it's taken me to send back....

Comment

You were quite right, Nellie -it really was a surprise to receive the seed!!
          And a lovely one - thank you.
          They arrived this morning, and I am just delighted.
          I will let you know how they do in my little patch.
          Thank you
          farendwoman

Originally posted by nellie-m View Post
          Well, the whole point of a heritage is to pass it on, right? So, if anyone would like to try some of the tomato varieties I grew this year, I'll be happy to pass some seeds on. This year's three toms were:

- Black Russian
          - Striped Roman
          - Gelbe Koenigin

Also I have some
          - Orange Favourite (from a swap, I haven't got too many seeds of those but will gladly share)

All 2011 seeds, all vine tomatoes

This is not a swap (I can't get hold of Royal Mail stamps as I'm not in the UK, and your SAEs wouldn't work in this case, either). Just drop me a PM with your address during the next, say, two weeks, and I'll send you some, hoping you'll like them and pass some seeds on to someone else next year.

You can see pictures of the first three varieties in my photo album if you visit my profile, also a brief description of each variety. I got them from G. Bohl's "Private seed archive" which tries to save more than 2,000 varieties from all over the world. I'll soon send my surplus seeds back to the archive and swap there but if some of you Grapes would like to try them, that would be great, after all, that's the whole point, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
            ...Obviously the South Derbyshire/Leicestershire border areas were tomato growing territory around last century.
            As an exile from Derbyshire, born in S. Derbys, I'd love to try the Bretby & Blaby - if you get any seeds and have a few spare - keep me in mind.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X