Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have word and excel - you can mailmerge!

Putting it into text boxes on word would work just as well I just wanted it in order of veg so excel made it easier to sort it before merging.....most of the info I just googled for.....

Comment

• I had a peek after seeing it mentioned last night. it certainly looked interesting and was useful to see where the seeds came from, both from grape and originally. i dont think i'm clever enough to put it together tho....i've never made a pdf!.

(which reminds me, i havent put up instructions!)
      Finding Home

Comment

• I've PM'd kernowyon, Torreya and pigletwillie again to ask if they are still sending seeds. Unless I hear from them, I will send out everybody else's seeds on Friday.

I asked zazen999 if we could use her booklet as a template, but she must have been busy. Here are instructions for my seeds:
        radish Cherry Bell
        Tamar Organics Catalogue

squash Summer Crookneck
        Sprout at 25 - 30 C. What I did is: buy a (second hand) room thermostat, connect it to a lamp, turn the thermostat to 30 C, put seeds with water in a small pot, wrap lamp, thermostat and pot in a duvet. Carefull that you don't start a fire! I.e. keep the lamp from touching the duvet. Check daily for sprouting, then sow. Grow up frost free in pots, plant out after the last frost. Harvest August until the first frost.
        Vegetable Seed : Courgettes & Summer Squash

achocha Fat Baby:
        Sow direct in growing site after the last frost. Provide climbing poles. Harvest mid August until the first frost. Lactoferment the fruits that are on the dead plants.
        Vegetable Seed : Cucumbers, gherkins and a few other oddities
        Transition Norwich Blog: Stored summer
        Last edited by planetologist; 07-01-2011, 04:38 PM.

Comment

• Sent off the seeds. Enjoy!

Comment

• Can't wait
            Thanks for running the swap
            Daz

Comment

• Originally posted by planetologist View Post
              I asked zazen999 if we could use her booklet as a template, but she must have been busy.
              No - I sent it to you on the 22nd of December! To the email that is registered on this account.
              Last edited by zazen999; 07-01-2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Hi Zazen, How strange, I just checked my email again, and there's no message from you, not even in the spam folder, though the latter only has messages of today in it. Will send you a PM.

Comment

• Hi.

I can't send it until I can get to the other computer, and as I'm still quite ill with Swine Flu, there's no way I'm going out to the garden room yet - no way no how!

However I did check and the email went to the address that you sent me earlier today....if that helps.

Comment

• That's even more strange, as that email account has very few problems. Get well soon. No hurry for the booklet though, but in due course a resend would save us reinventing the wheel.

I like your latest avatar

Comment

• Thanks - I'll try to get it onto google docs from here and post the link....

Comment

• Right - the 2 documents are:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CL_NmdYO

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...thkey=CJuj0YME

You put the data in the spreadsheet one, and I'll give details on how to get to the booklet stage

Comment

• To create your booklet, once your data is in the spreadsheet under the titles
                          Vegetable
                          Type of Veg
                          Provider
                          Info

Each of the above are separate fields, so sort your data to be in the order that you want it and save the spreadsheet.

Open a new word document

Go to Tools/Mailmerge[forgive the lack of step by step instructions, I use Windows for Mac so they aren't exactly the same] Manager

It will ask you and you want to 'create new form letter'. You are going to use the open document to do so.

Then 'get list' and you are going to select the spreadsheet which your data is in above, by clicking on 'open data source' and selecting the above spreadsheet [I usually create a folder and save the spreadsheet in there first, and this document in there as well, to keep the merge documents together]. And you will select sheet 1/entire worksheet

Somewhere it should have a list of the 4 fields either as 'insert field' and this will allow you to put the data field where you want them

So select 'vegetable' and then type a space and then a '-' and a space and then select 'veg type'. Then type a space and 'from' and then another space and then select 'provider'.
                          Then press return, and select 'info'

You will get something like:

<vegetable> - <veg type> from <provider>
                          <info>

Then there will be somewhere that says 'ABC' on the screen, if you click this it will show the records how they will look when they are merged. You can change font, add lines, move the text about and it will show all the different records that will be seen when merged. For example, you could add in 'provided by' rather than 'from' and they will all change.

Once you are ready - click 'complete merge' and it will issue you a whole new document will the above data, all merged, one set to each page. Then all you have to do is to remove the page breaks to get more than one on each page ad you are done!

It's easier to do than to type.

I added photos and that's what took most of the time in all honesty.

Comment

• Originally posted by planetologist View Post
                            Sent off the seeds. Enjoy!
                            excellent, cant wait for them to arrive and play with them, so to speak!!.

ETA.....my packet arrived this morning, thank you everyone!!. now i can begin to plan what to grow this year!.
                            Last edited by kiwirach; 08-01-2011, 10:52 AM.
                            Finding Home

Comment

• Mine arrived today too - many thanks everyone for all your hard work!

Comment

• Arrived back from the studio after lunch to the lovely surprise of a package waiting for me. Many thanks to everyone for their contributions. Was hopefully looking forward to some of pigletwillies famous toms but never mind perhaps one day I'll manage to try some .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X