Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only grew 2 cucumber plants and there is no one else for at least a mile so i think they should be fine will check on the website to see how to save the seeds

Comment

Do you think my outdoor cukes could have crossed with the greenhouse ones - there's about 150m between them?

Comment

If there's still space next season/year, i'd like to get involved with it

Comment

We'll probably run a different set of seed saving circles next year Chris - so that we keep mixing and matching the group and the seed base.

Keep watching in the New Year when we will start the next call

Comment

Righto! Will do :0)

Comment

My cherokee and bolivians are all packed and ready to be sent in, but I dont have the address to send them to
              Could someone enlighten me please

Comment

Hi, my crimson flowered broad beans and bleu du solaise leeks will be sent off sometime next week.

Beans are drying nicely. The leek seed will have a bit of "chaff" in amongst them but it doesn't cause any problems, just sow the lot across the top of a 5" pot and cover with quarter inch of compost

regards

Burnzie

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
                  My cherokee and bolivians are all packed and ready to be sent in, but I dont have the address to send them to
                  Could someone enlighten me please
                  Have you sent a PM to Planetologist?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
                    Have you sent a PM to Planetologist?
                    Yep thanks Zazen.
                    Another member of the circle sent me the address and the seeds were sent today.

Comment

• i'm not quite ready yet!!. half the beans dried, but pulled the rest of the plants up at the weekend and need to wait for the pods to dry more then get the beans out to dry.

Amish Paste tom seed is now on the plate drying.

so most likely end of oct for me to post to the organiser. hope thats ok?!.
                      Finding Home

Comment

• northepaul, thanks for the seeds.

Dane End Dolly and kiwirach, no problem, whenever you're ready. My squash is still on the plant.

Comment

• Right, a little update.

I am sending Ruth Bible pole beans (I grew them up my sweetcorn as they are a drying bean. They went really well but i am afraid something ate quite a few of them so i am sending out token bags of a few seeds so everyone can hopefully get at least 4 plants going to save seeds for future years. I am also sending tigers eye beans which were absolutely prolific this year. I have a large sikkim cucumber in my greenhouse that i have picked and it is hopefully finishing its ripening process and i will get some seeds from that. Finally i will be sending out some bags of red orach seeds, it was used a lot in victorian ornamental vegatable gardens as it is a lovely red colour, height is approx 3' and you treat the leaves cooking wise as spinach (pretty and practical).

I shall get all of this packed over the weekend and posted, I do hope that this is sufficient.

Kx

Comment

• Dolly, I only managed to get 3 cherokee beans per person, after the plants had an accident in Sept. I figured it was better than none!! I only have a handful left for myself (but no problem cos I can grow some more next year and build up some stock.)

Comment

• Hi everyone the cayene pepper seeds are ready also the cucumber seeds just waiting for the runner beans to dry then will send everything off julia

Comment

• last of my kidney beans drying on a plate now, so ready to think about packaging up and posting off soon.
                                (will add to list of jobs for the weekend!!)
                                Finding Home

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X