No announcement yet.

wild garlic/ramson

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 cornered leeks are delish...use like chives/mild spring onions Plus you can eat the flower too, which looks pretty on salads.. TBH I can think of worst invasive plants than wild garlic and 3 cornered leeks!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
      Can you eat it/use the leaves in anything? There's a country lane I take to goto work/go home that's referred to as 'Garlic Lane'.. always wondered.
      Yes, you can eat the flowers (mild flavour) and the leaves (slightly stronger). When out on a day's walk I often pick some and put them on my sandwiches. Lovely! Don't let this great free food go to waste, get on and eat some
      Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

never fear Northepaul, I also have a good selection of 'worse' invasive plants - groundelder, bindweed, sycamores, nettles, comfrey (the latter goes for liquid feed of course). That'll do me!

I did try the 3 cornered leek and wasn't too fussed. Then I pulled loads of it out to give a bit of space to other plants, and got a bit sickened by the smell, think it has put me off.

But I'm up for growing some wild garlic - would love some ideas on how best to keep in in check!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X