No announcement yet.

Unusual Herbs

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This year were starting a "Herb, Spices & Edible Flower Seed Parcel" for those of us that loooove to grow our own herbs etc Wellie. The variety of seeds we have is coming on brilliantly thanks to the lovely grapes on here. I do however need to update the contents list .
    When it come to space for my herbs etc I've just dug my dad's old wooden step ladders out of the cellar. I'm using them lent up against the fence and using the runners as shelf's...look's cool. I will eventually rub them down and paint them a nice primrose colour.
    Last edited by ginger ninger; 13-05-2011, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by endymion View Post
      I wouldn't be without our Lovage, it's delicious.

I was given some seeds but have had zero germination with lovage...is it better from cuttings?

Comment

Originally posted by northepaul View Post
        I was given some seeds but have had zero germination with lovage...is it better from cuttings?
        You can either propagate it from seeds or from the root cutting.Root cutting will give you bigger and more established plant.

Visited Poyntzfield yesterday(45 miles away) and came back with:2 mints(ginger mint and eau de cologne mint which smells like mad),curry plant,chives with lovely pink flowers,lemon balm,golden marjoram and camomile.
        They have lovely walled garden with loads of plants which were so distressed and harrased by me yesterday.Think I rubbed,mingled,stroked and sniffed everything.Ended up in the car with my hands smelling of...curry(scent seemed to last very long).Haven't planted them yet in my herb rockery,will do it today or tomorrow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X