The best herb ever!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'Day Sarracenia!

When we were developing the recipe we did use fresh mushrooms as well. It was OK but nowhere near as good as when cooked using the dried mushrooms. Remember, dehydrating mushrooms intensifies the flavour, just as roasting does with coffee. By all means use some of your fresh mushrooms but do use at least some dried mushrooms, then report back to all of us here how it turned out. Wow, I sure envy you with all of your mushrooms boxes. We never see Wood Blewitts commercially here, and I'm still waiting to meet my first Cepe! They mustn't like long journeys as they've never made the trip out!
    Happiness is being with the love of your life. If you can't have that, then an unlimited supply of well-rotted manure is a pretty close second!

Comment

You don't see Wood Blewitts commercially here either. That is why I'm trying them and had the devil's own job getting spawn. I don't trust my judgment to go out and pick them wild. You rarely see Ceps because I don't think anybody has developed a method of cultivating them at all. They have to be collected from the woods but they are more common than Blewitts in the wild.
      Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
      >
      >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

I don't know of any area of Australia that has had Cepes, Chanterelles or Morels in the wild. The spores just haven't made the trip over! There are Wood Blewitts in Oz but not in my location, sadly.

Tasmania has a fledgling industry of truffles which grow under hazelnut trees. It was reported that the spores were illegally smuggled into the country but I don't know any more than what I've heard. A top French chef in Sydney, Manu Feildel of :: LÈToile Restaurant & Bar - 211 Glenmore Road Paddington - PH (02) 9332 1577 ::, says the flavour and texture of the truffles harvested here is exactly the same as back home. He's a real fan!
        Happiness is being with the love of your life. If you can't have that, then an unlimited supply of well-rotted manure is a pretty close second!

Comment

Looks like I'm the lucky one with fresh Chanterelles and ceps growing just metres away from the garden fence(in the season of course)

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
            Looks like I'm the lucky one with fresh Chanterelles and ceps growing just metres away from the garden fence(in the season of course)
            I'm not jealous. I am really not jealous. Totally and absolutely not jealous. NOT FLIPPIN JEALOUS.

>

Comment

C'mon lads and lasses! Time you started a mycophile thread of your own so we can stick to herbs on here!
              Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

You are right Jeanied. I did actually start a topic on mushrooms but let myself get carried away on this one. If a mod would care to move the discussion on goulash and subsequents (which is how it started) then it would tidy this topic up. Trouble is, is paprika a herb or a spice? So do you leave that here? Gardening is so complicated. You just wait until the banana season.

>

Comment

Aaawww - now I'm feeling guilty for spoiling your fun - guys!
                  Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeanied View Post
                    Aaawww - now I'm feeling guilty for spoiling your fun - guys!
                    No you are right. But I have reported you to HFW.

>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X