No announcement yet.

Basil Problems.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My basil is doing better this year (grown from seed) and I think it is because I have not tried to transplant it. Just popped a few seeds in individual potsand potted on as required. Not as far on as yours though MrsC. Well done.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Herbie View Post
      I have read your other replies and moved it back indoor for a bit and will see if it picks up. Sprayed the nasties off Thankyou for youe help
      What did you use as my basil has got some aphids...

Comment

I grew Basil from seed for the first time this year sowing a few in a pot in late March. They all came up within 2 weeks, but grew very slowly. Part of my problem was I potted up each one then left the pots outdoors to harden up the plants, which I now know was a mistake. It did get very cold overnight in April but not frosty. After realising they need to be grown indoors, I moved the plants indoors 2 weeks later to a sunny window ledge and they started growing again. However the greenfly seem to home in on Basil.in hordes, and every few days I'm picking more of the b*ggers off

A week ago I took this photo as they were developing well.

http://tinyurl.com/lt4mqs

Comment

That looks a nice healthy plant.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi Bendipa, that plant looks healthy. Pretty surprised at greenfly indoors, never suffered with that in my kitchen in the greenhouse maybe. Just squish them or spray with soapy water, hope this helps
            Last edited by MrsC; 20-06-2009, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Mrs C! Your basil is amazing! Never seen a big basil like that before and your 8wk basil has come on quickly! Have you not eaten any yet? Have you tried it with roasted toms? Halve a medium sized tom horizontally, mince some garlic, shred some basil. Stuff some garlic and basil in the soft squishy seedy bit of the tomato. Grill or bake in oven til browned. The flavour is lovely and you can chop the roast toms and use it to flavour cous-cous for a nice salad? Or roast toms with fish is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
                Mrs C! Your basil is amazing! Never seen a big basil like that before and your 8wk basil has come on quickly! Have you not eaten any yet? Have you tried it with roasted toms? Halve a medium sized tom horizontally, mince some garlic, shred some basil. Stuff some garlic and basil in the soft squishy seedy bit of the tomato. Grill or bake in oven til browned. The flavour is lovely and you can chop the roast toms and use it to flavour cous-cous for a nice salad? Or roast toms with fish is good!
                lol course I use it, love the stuff, you want 2 see it now lol )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X