Cumin seed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cumin seed

I fancy another go at growing Cumin this year as I failed miserably last year. It could of been the germination temperature was wrong, or it could have just been duff seed.

I was thinking of buying a tub of cumin seed from the supermarket this year and giving it a try. I was wondering if anyone had tried this?

Toodle pip for now.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

No i have not ... but will now try along with you. I use a lot of Cumin .
    Last edited by Ms-T; 08-02-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I've never grown cumin either. I'm not sure why that hasn't crossed my mind! I do grow dill for the seeds as well as the leaves, so cumin wouldn't be too far fetched.

I'll try it too! I have a big tub of it, so nothing to lose. I can imagine that fresh cumin would be lovely!
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Count me in too. Already grow coriander from self saved seed and have grown fenugreek before so look forward to having a go
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Found an old thread about Cumin https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...min_32784.html
          The linked article may be of interest.

.............and yes. I'll be growing some as I have some seeds (not supermarket ones though.)

Comment

The cumin has just poped up ,

Comment

Just bought a container full from the supermarket for 85p. A packet of seeds would be more costly and only give a fraction of the amount of seeds in the jar. I'll give it another go.

Just hope it isn't toasted or treated in any way that will stop germination.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I plan on buying a jar of seeds tomorrow from the supermarket, I do grow coriander and that never fails to grow.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I fancy giving this a try as well.
                  Got some supermarket stuff.
                  If it doesn't work I will buy some from the seed suppliers.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I'll try and remember to sow some next week. I'd love to grow cardamon too.
                    Follow my grow and cook your own blog

https://tabularasa.org.uk/
                    Wordpress Reader: Tabularassa99
                    Facebook: https://mfacebook.com/tabularasathrive
                    Instagram: Tabularasathrive

Comment

Slight thread drift, but having bought a smallish packet of not-cheap fenugreek seets for growing stir fry shoots, I tried some from the large bag I'd got in the kitchen cupboard. They grew just as well at about 5% of the price.
                      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Coincidentally, I have just ordered some cumin from Premier Seeds, 99p for 5g. You know how it is when you're on their website, everything's such good value, you get carried away. I'm hoping the leaves will be nice in salads, or cooking generally.
                        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X