Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flower of the Day for a year - a Challenge!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tiny little gomphrena “Little Grapes”.
    Small round flowers about the size of a sweet pea seed, but lots of them on one stem.
    Looks lovely when cut and mixed in with other things.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	24172904-7255-45AA-B022-50D6D629F29F.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	2381473

Comment

• Daisies..................

Name:	DSCF0445.jpg
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	2381474

Comment

• Seed raised Calamintha Marvellete .
        One blue, one white - only just starting to do something, so haven’t really been worth the space in my flower patch.
        Lovely minty fragrance for both leaves and flowers.
        Not sure if I can add flowers to salads - some websites say “Yes”, but no definitive answer!

Name:	91CFB2DD-64C9-403E-9D43-CB588DF65391.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	2381475

Name:	4E7E8078-91A2-463F-B1A2-AE0ADF872B06.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	2381476

Comment

• Originally posted by farendwoman View Post
          A tiny little gomphrena “Little Grapes”.
          Small round flowers about the size of a sweet pea seed, but lots of them on one stem.
          Looks lovely when cut and mixed in with other things.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]84212[/ATTACH]
          that's a lovely little flower farend is it a hardy or half-hardy annual
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• my flower of the day is again a surprise as its in a basket that should have been removed as it is covered in dead vegetation and again its a petunia I have now decided to cover it with fleece and leave it over the winter to see if it survives

Name:	IMG_7947.jpg
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	2381479
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              that's a lovely little flower farend is it a hardy or half-hardy annual
              Hi Rary
              I think it could be a tender perennial, but not sure.
              I managed to keep one of them going last winter on an indoor windowsill.
              I treated it in a similar fashion to pelargoniums.
              Dug it up, put it in a 6” pot and hacked it right back to about eight inches tall. (They grow to about two and a half ft in the garden).
              In the spring, the dead looking twigs started to sprout and I took a few cuttings. Success rate with these was only about one in four. The other couple of plants that I left in the garden succumbed to frost and disappeared.
              I shall be doing exactly the same thing again this year, and have just dug it up for overwintering.
              It’s a bu**er to keep going - WHY do we always spend so much time on plants that are so much trouble!!!

Comment

• Too soggy to do much flower hunting today so it will have to be Pansies, one for today and one for yesterday.
                Attached Files
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• A pale pink snapdragon today

Name:	AFD80E65-F379-4338-A899-358974B4778E.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	2381482

Comment

• Originally posted by farendwoman View Post
                    Hi Rary
                    I think it could be a tender perennial, but not sure.
                    I managed to keep one of them going last winter on an indoor windowsill.
                    I treated it in a similar fashion to pelargoniums.
                    Dug it up, put it in a 6” pot and hacked it right back to about eight inches tall. (They grow to about two and a half ft in the garden).
                    In the spring, the dead looking twigs started to sprout and I took a few cuttings. Success rate with these was only about one in four. The other couple of plants that I left in the garden succumbed to frost and disappeared.
                    I shall be doing exactly the same thing again this year, and have just dug it up for overwintering.
                    It’s a bu**er to keep going - WHY do we always spend so much time on plants that are so much trouble!!!
                    thanks farend. I will try and get some seeds as OH would like those flowers for her flower arranging, which would/might then give me brownie points

Comment

• Petunias with a hint of lobelia.

Name:	DSCF0457.jpg
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	2381495

Comment

• today my flower is from a pak choi which has gone to seedClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7950.jpg
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	2381494

Comment

• Hi Rary
                          Sorry - can’t offer you any seed. The gomphrena Little Grapes has not produced any viable seed since I’ve had it - hence my faffing around with cuttings and overwintering. The frost always gets it before the flowers form seed. Wish I could harvest some seed so that I could have lots more of it in the garden.
                          In the US apparently it self seeds and people yank them out- grrrrr!

Comment

• Today a very tatty Phlox, but marks for trying!
                            Attached Files
                            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Some sort of geranium/cranesbill Its has rounded, soft furry leaves and I found it lurking under the fig hedge.

Name:	DSCF0462.jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	2381498 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0463.JPG
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	2381499

Comment

• Could be Renardii.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X