This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roses

Kind of surprised we don't have a sticky for this must have flower in the garden, just got a new one today and planted by the conservatory door. David Austin's Lady Emma Hamilton was todays choice.

Stickied for you, burnie

Comment

Thanks VC, just surprised there's not more about them, even me as a dyed in the wool veg grower has always found room for a nice scented Rose or 2.

One from last year that is in bloom again just now
      Last edited by burnie; 31-07-2020, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I've probably posted in some of them VC, it was the low profile with no sticky that surprised me and I wasn't actually asking for one, but will certainly be using it now it's here, along with Night Scented Stocks and native wild flowers, I rarely grow any other flowers....oh and sweet peas.....oh and scabious. well you know what I mean.

Comment

Problem with stickies is, they appear at the top of the page every time, and some people have problems with this - so we try to limit the number of stickies on each board to popular subjects.
          Let's see how popular this one becomes!

Comment

Well there's me 'n' you so far lol.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
              Well there's me 'n' you so far lol.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

This is a ground cover rose which I planted over 20 years ago. Over the decades it's spread out to around 10 foot, and is covered in these lovely dark pink flowers for a couple of months.

I'm not good with roses at all, but this one seems indestructible and doesn't get greenfly or blackspot etc. Doing a google search it looks a bit like Rosa Hertfordshire, but I can't remember if that was its name or not.
                Attached Files

Comment

I'm running out of garden for a big rose like that one, but looks a belter of a rose.

Comment

I need some general advice please. I have realised that limited physical ability means I can no longer grow veg in the ground, so I am clearing it in small(ish) portions and want to fill it with something fairly low maintenance, (no squatting or kneeling required) and wondered whether roses might fit the bill? I do love roses, though I've never grown any. I'll carry on with the veg in my raised beds and trugs.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

I'm joining the rose brigade.

Just ordered 4 on a whim, I get itchy fingers around this time of year.

Can I plant them through weed membrane to keep down the weeds under them?
                      He-Pep!

Comment

Why not use ground cover like hardy geraniums?
                        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                          I'm joining the rose brigade.

Just ordered 4 on a whim, I get itchy fingers around this time of year.

Can I plant them through weed membrane to keep down the weeds under them?
                          Never tried it, one way to find out though

Comment

Planting through membrane is fine.

So what varieties have you picked?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X