This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
    Max pic size is 2mb on here I’m afraid. Resize or crop your image, it’ll still be decent enough res.
    We love to see pics here, so please try again!
    Hi thank you, rose is already small without cropping it hehe, I looked at pic but don't know how to resize it, soz

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I would be very surprised that a first year climber would get to 10ft. I have several climbers - none have ever grown that fast. If you didn't water regularly in the Summer heat growth would have been seriously stunted.
      You didn't read my post at all did you? I usually over water. Please don't insult me anymore by saying they didn't grow 10' see pics, of course you could say the roses are older than one year but if you know anything about botany you will be able to see that they are juvenile, the fence panels are 6'×6' so you do the maths. The horizontally trained is a rambler Albertine, planted Dec 2017 bare root. The one over garage door pot md Alfred Carrier planted Jan 2018Click image for larger version

Name:	20181119_080634.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	2381559

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181119_080615.jpg
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	2381560
        This is Albertine, rambler

Comment

And this upside down one is the rose in questionClick image for larger version

Name:	20181119_080658.jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	2381561

Comment

Originally posted by lookbettertomorow View Post
            You didn't read my post at all did you? I usually over water. Please don't insult me anymore by saying they didn't grow 10' see pics, of course you could say the roses are older than one year but if you know anything about botany you will be able to see that they are juvenile, the fence panels are 6'×6' so you do the maths.[ATTACH=CONFIG]84312[/ATTACH]
            Lookbettertomorrow there's no need to take that aggressive tone, Scarlet was merely offering her opinion, I can't see how that would be insulting... and believe me, she knows plenty about botany.
            Abusive and bullying behaviour will not be tolerated on this forum.
            He-Pep!

Comment

Also, none of us are clairvoyant - you've only just posted photos of the roses - and they're all upside down.

Maybe, they'll "lookbettertomorow".

Comment

When's the best time to prune my hybrid tea roses?
                He-Pep!

Comment

Any time from now, until spring growth starts , I'll do mine after the holiday break

Comment

Is it newly planted Bario? Young plants need less of a prune.

This is worth a read
                    https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/a...sh-shrub-rose/

Comment

Planted this time last year (bare root from the late David Austin), so in their second season?
                      He-Pep!

Comment

I would class that as year1 pruning. I've a few too.

Comment

Anyone else have a Tequila Sunrise rose? I planted one last year, pruned it this spring... and it seems to be growing somewhat fast for what's supposed to be a relative small rose. It's definitely the right variety I have because the flowers last year looked right. But it seems really vigorous in my raised bed: David Austin say 2.5ft tall, the RHS say 75cm, but it's probably grown 50cm so far this spring already.

Comment

Roses put on most of their growth in Spring - especially if it likes where it is.
                            I havent got one....but I'm tempted now

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Roses put on most of their growth in Spring - especially if it likes where it is.
                              I havent got one....but I'm tempted now
                              I guess I'm just comparing it to my other roses, and it's notably going faster than most of them, apart from the climbers and ramblers. It certainly isn't acting like a compact rose.

As for the flowers, I'd say they're a bit gaudy, but very visible and cheerful. They're a bit of garden bling, and a million miles away from the pastel shades I usually go for. But I saw one in flower at the garden centre and it seduced me...

Comment

I planted a couple of ramblers ... I'm desperately waiting for them to put on a huge amount of growth.... no such luck for me. They look healthy enough but they aren't covering my arch yet.
                                I think I may need to get some feed/ manure

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X