Click image for larger version

Name:	3BA2899D-8050-49BB-8262-4B242C4C57AD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	2381595
    I’m a September sower.
    Then a second sowing in March.

Comment

Quick update to say that the seeds I sowed earlier have just now come through the surface of the compost in the troughs. I reckon there's around 140-ish showing - will be giving some away in the Spring if they all grow on :-)

Comment

The mice ate mine.
        I'll start some more in January.

Comment

I never did get around to sowing mine earlier so I'll leave them until my usual Feb/March time.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

And I haven't been out to the greenhouse since I sowed mine, so I have no idea what's going on! LOL
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

I only seem to have one that’s come through not sure if it’s mice or if they’ve rotten

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissyteacup View Post
                I only seem to have one that’s come through not sure if it’s mice or if they’ve rotten
                I was beginning to wonder about mine last week - so I did a little careful poking around in the compost with my finger ( not something normally advised) and found a few good long roots, so carefully covered them up again :-)

Comment

Well I’ll Keep them crossed then there’s hope for them yet!
                  I did have nice last year eating my squash seeds and some of my chilli seeds too (doubt they’ll do that this year as growing hotter varieties) so was just blaming them! If they don’t appear I’ll just have to sow some more!

Comment

I've had a look at mine and no signs of movement at all. I didn't have a poke around though, as I was in a hurry to get to the allotment
                    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Some little bath bun (probably a mouse) has been uprooting the seedlings, presumably looking for food. Anyway I re-covered the roots gently and moved the troughs to the top of an old sun-lounger on the lawn - hopefully this will be enough of a dis-incentive - who said gardening was good for stress relief ?
                      Last edited by Greenleaves; 12-12-2018, 07:24 PM. Reason: Family forum

Comment

Just been out to my greenhouse to check on my sweetpeas seeds.
                        10 brave ones have pushed their head above the soil on this cold day.
                        Hopefully more to follow.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Mine have come on nicely. The cold weather should slow them down a bit now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181211_121649 sweetpeas.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	2381798
                          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

very good looking - mine are just shoots so far without visible leaves - as for slowing down, the frost last night will bring growth to a screeching halt I reckon.

Comment

They’ve not all been eaten, there’s now two brave little shoots (out of ten seeds) will plant the rest of this packet once it’s a bit warmer so I can compare their progress!

Comment

Che led my sweetpeas again this morning. There are now 38 which have germinated.
                                Hoping for some more but happy with these as they were sown very late.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X