Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry thought they'd display rather than be links. It won't let me edit the post to change, can a mod delete for me please!

Comment

That's a palace Little Duck, your new chooks will love you!

Comment

I can see them on your photo bucket...do you want me to take them off?

Comment

Thanks, took a few days to complete. Yeah if you can I'll try and make them not links next time. Do I need the img tag instead?

Comment

I've just deleted them

EDIT and Undeleted them............phew!!
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 04-04-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Oh gawd! We are both at it! I took photos then added them in!

You need to upload from your computer/ipad/mobile device. I save to my iPad, upload then delete from ipad.
              Last edited by Scarlet; 04-04-2016, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by little duck View Post
                Thanks, took a few days to complete. Yeah if you can I'll try and make them not links next time. Do I need the img tag instead?
                Attached Files
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Oh gawd! We are both at it! I took photos then added them in!
                  Seems there were 3 of us "at it" but BM's sorted it

Comment

My girls and coop/run

This is the move able coop/run that my hubby made. It is very easy for me to move around on a nightly basis once the girls have gone to bed. So they have fresh ground every day.

They have super protection with the very fine wire and also a shade net on the south side. Their food trough has been adapted so that they don't knock it over and it also has a rain cover.
                    They are happy girls. In the last 10 days I have had 23 eggs from them.
                    Attached Files
                    Just think happy thoughts

Comment

Plastic Dog kennel/coop conversion

More Photos at http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1415597

Really pleased with this - so easy to clean out and the chooks are happy using it. One of the better things I've done to make life simpler
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nearly all these images are missing which is a real shame... any chance all the attached images are still on the server and could be fixed?

Comment

Please read this.............http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...rum_92853.html

Comment

The girls moved into a new run today. Its taken 5 days to build but it'll be worth it

First, clear a space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9292.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	2376388

Order wood, wait for delivery (Monday)

Construct timber frame. Salvage door from old chicken run and rehang(Tuesday)

Add roof timbers (Wednesday)

Name:	IMG_20180131_141643.jpg
Size:	397.6 KB
ID:	2376390 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180131_141659.jpg
Size:	419.2 KB
ID:	2376389

Cover roof with pond liner! Attach wire netting all round. Lay wire netting in trench on outside of run and bring it out by a foot. Bury netting with earth and chippings and weight down with slabs, bricks, logs, whatever. (Thursday)

Dismantle coop and nest box and disinfect. Put legs on a pallet to make a stand for both
                            Move "coffee table" to run for treadle feeder and water.
                            Add chooks and wait for them to lay an egg. (Friday)

Name:	IMG_20180202_153757.jpg
Size:	492.0 KB
ID:	2376391 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180202_153743.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	464.7 KB
ID:	2376392

I can see the coop from the kitchen which is a bonus, as the old run was tucked away out of sight. I'm keeping the old run fenced and will use it for growing stuff, at the end of the season the chooks can go back in it to clear and dig it.

The sloping roof (8' at the front & 4' at the back) should be better than the old flat roofed run as leaves collected on it and the rain water puddled.

The run is oriented roughly North/south with North on the high side. At midday, the roof shades the run but morning and afternoon sun isn't blocked and the last of the setting sun, in the west, should shine into their coop entrance

Its 4.8m long and 2.4m wide. During the day, they free range in the garden with me.
                            Last edited by veggiechicken; 02-02-2018, 07:54 PM. Reason: missed a word & wrong width!

Comment

That is lovely VC. Very happy lucky chickens.

Comment

Brilliant VC...and such a bonus that you can stand up in all of it

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X