X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
    She laid her first egg this morning!
    You know your chooks, that's for sure Egg for breakfast?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• Originally posted by petal View Post
      our shepherd is very depressed. they are his livestock to protect and he keeps checking her to see if she will talk to him but....he has currently gone to his bed and put his head between his paws......
      How's the chook today?
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
        She laid her first egg this morning!
        No hat eating required then RH!

Comment

• No, don't fancy my hat really - probably very chewy!

Comment

• I fancy that book though - any anecdotes written down yet?
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• chook is still the same - kids dribbling warm water on her beak , making egg mash which she won't eat. Her eyes are closed and she is just sitting in her cage by log fire. She either lives or dies, her choice.I am not killing this one unless it starts fitting -kids keep narrowing their eyes at me when I go near.....

Comment

• Aaaaaawwwwwww.

Comment

• Originally posted by petal View Post
                  chook is still the same - kids dribbling warm water on her beak , making egg mash which she won't eat. Her eyes are closed and she is just sitting in her cage by log fire. She either lives or dies, her choice.I am not killing this one unless it starts fitting -kids keep narrowing their eyes at me when I go near.....
                  I hope she pulls through. Tough on the kids isn't it? Poor dawgy too.

Comment

• Oh I hate that when they linger on forever! If they are going to go they should do it quickly!
                    Hope she has a miraculous recovery.
                    Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Old gardening pal of mine would have poured a little whiskey down its throat my now. He says its worked for him in bringing them around. I'm tempted to think it might for a day until the hangover kicks in, but he's been keeping them sixty years so what do I know..
                      Last edited by Prince of Durham; 15-01-2013, 11:38 AM.
                      Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good!

Comment

• One of mine was prescribed critical care formula in similar circumstances when she wouldn't eat. 5 days of syringing it into her beak and she started eating again and is still with us. Mind you she hasn't laid an egg since the one the day after the incident.

Comment

• Any further news?
                          Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• ^^ Wot she said! ^^

Comment

• And what ^^^you^^^ said? I want to hear good news too

Comment

• dead.yesterday.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X