X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have him adopted!
    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• "That's fine son,ethics are great but as mine are so very different from yours,best plan would be for you to buy & cook your own food from now on"
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
        "That's fine son,ethics are great but as mine are so very different from yours,best plan would be for you to buy & cook your own food from now on"
        ...or move out...
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
          "That's fine son,ethics are great but as mine are so very different from yours,best plan would be for you to buy & cook your own food from now on"
          Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
          ...or move out...
          Or both

Comment

• Ha Ha! I have just looked through the new river cottage veg cook book- actually there are some lovely recipes in there but again- many ingredients that one cannot grow in the uk- real dilemma this! I am quite surprised at hfw- surely a smallholder is meant to be more concerned with sustainability and local produce?

Comment

• Perhaps a only buying fairtrade and organic then at least the ethics are not too compromised??

Comment

• Petal,try looking to Nigel Slater for vegetarian recipes that can be grown in your own garden

Comment

• Teenagers are meant to get at our soft spots, so it's not surprising, just irritating!

Comment

• Chuffed to bits - again!

All my Marans girls are now laying - having all started in the last few weeks. Amazingly today one of my Partridge Orpingtons has laid her first egg! I was expecting to have to wait much longer for them to start.

Comment

• Am off this afternoon to collect 3 more ex-batts - the last of the ex-barren cage hens! They should get on fine with our current ones as they've just undergone the biggest moult I've ever seen and are looking very scruffy and featherless in places...
                      come visit a garden
                      or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• well done perkin- we have a faverolle which is looking distinctly ex batt like at the moment too! Just read the 'lets lose weight' thread and was distinctly put off joining in case I lose my sense of humour!!!!!!!! Not the losing weight bit(can't do my jodphurs up and my horse tried to bite my bum in disgust today...)but the being in a group losing weight thing and snarling at each other thing! (don't think it helps when some smug person posts that they are eight stone and need to lose weight, OH DEARY ME...)

Comment

• Petal - that sounds like a thread to avoid like the plague!!

Comment

• my chickens are not impressed by this weather, at all. Young tree had blown over straight onto the electric fencing but my son went out and dealt with that. The buff orpington roof blew off their house too! They had all jumped out except big, fat old June who I could hear yakking away when I approached- she was very cross and disgruntled at being left behind, so i lifted her out and gave her a cuddle!

Comment

• Mine neither. Half the feeders have blown over, most of the birds have been in the houses or sheltering where they can. It's a bit better now than earlier but still really blowy.

Comment

• we were in the eye of the storm for half an hour and now its returned with a vengeance. I can't believe some of my London friends comments on facebook about how the weather is going to make going to the shops difficult- they have NO IDEA!!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X