This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shirlthegirl43 View Post
    Piccies are on here somewhere Scarlet, consensus was they are boys but they are showing no signs
    Just had a look! They do have nice tail feathers

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Just had a look! They do have nice tail feathers
      They are lovely looking birds but showing no signs of crowing or treading the girls
      Happy Gardening,
      Shirley

Comment

• Afternoon all,

Just had a wonderful morning gardening with the girls. I was clearing and they were eating all the slugs. Well done the girls, this may be the first year I dont' have stumps for plants!

I really need to train them to not get under the spade though..

What have you all been up to today?

Polo

Comment

• Originally posted by polo View Post
          What have you all been up to today? Polo
          Finally got a new home for our big cockerel this morning! Just the three Friesian bantams to go now, hopefully as a trio as they are not related.

Spent the morning cleaning out the chooks, gave the houses a good scrub with DD's avian disinfectant too. Scrubbed the patio etc. Then gave the girls spinach for a treat. This weekend spinach is half price at our lidl. Pity you can store it for more than a few days, but I will buy a dozen bags as they can eat two a day whilst there isn't a lot of fresh greenery in the garden.

Noticed big green shoots on my Forsythia and other shrubs today, including the Clematis. Spring is on it's way!

Jules
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• I spent yesterday and today trying to complete my new run at top end of my allotment. I'm getting muscles like Popeye since I bought a fence post driver to try and make life easier! It weighs a ton and the hardest part is lifting the thing off the posts but its so easy to get them in the ground. Only one side and the roof to do and then its ready for me to go and look for more chooks or hatching eggs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Suechooks View Post
              I spent yesterday and today trying to complete my new run at top end of my allotment. I'm getting muscles like Popeye since I bought a fence post driver to try and make life easier! It weighs a ton and the hardest part is lifting the thing off the posts but its so easy to get them in the ground. Only one side and the roof to do and then its ready for me to go and look for more chooks or hatching eggs!
              Some half price spinach from Lidl might help!

Comment

• A nice strong man would be even better Scarlet! (half price from Lidl!!!!)

Comment

• well, I spent the day commuting to and from London and teaching art to kiddies.

Comment

Someone is asking for a bantam cockerel on our Freecycle - should I offer one of my 'not sure' ones?
                    One of the not sure's has confirmed he is a rooster and has been offered to the Freecycler looking for a bantam male.
                    Happy Gardening,
                    Shirley

Comment

• Originally posted by julesapple View Post
                      Then gave the girls spinach for a treat. This weekend spinach is half price at our lidl. Pity you can store it for more than a few days, but I will buy a dozen bags as they can eat two a day whilst there isn't a lot of fresh greenery in the garden.
                      Can't you lightly steam it and freeze in small portions- then add it to some mash???

...just a thought???
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Can't you lightly steam it and freeze in small portions- then add it to some mash???

...just a thought???

That's a good idea. The girls would have to fight the BH for it. He's a spinach fan too. I only eat in salads mostly, although it did have it wilted in a cream cheese sauce with pasta a few weeks back and that was good.

Jules

PS I don't usually eat lunch, but I'm hungry now!
                        Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Originally posted by polo View Post
                          Afternoon all,

Just had a wonderful morning gardening with the girls. I was clearing and they were eating all the slugs. Well done the girls, this may be the first year I dont' have stumps for plants!

I really need to train them to not get under the spade though..

What have you all been up to today?

Polo
                          Mine won't touch slugs - only earthworms unfortunately!

Comment

• Well, I've now got my Welsummer breeding group set up in their own pen Kellogg the cockerel is making his acquaintance with his girlfriends, and is already doing the little hoppy-skippy dance next to them...

Got to wait 3 weeks either way for hatching eggs, or to set any in my new incy, as they have been running with other cockerels before.

Next to set up will be my Barnevelder pen, and last will be the Vorwerks. My Vorwerk cockerel arrives tomorrow, and I think I've managed to source some girlies for him as well!

Comment

• I lost one of my oldies today. She was given to me by our neighbour with three others over 18 months ago. The 'Fluff Sisters' I called them! She had died out in the paddock, and the others had started to pluck her body! Rotten little s*ds....
                              Last edited by Glutton4...; 18-02-2011, 07:45 PM.
                              All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                              Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

One of the not sure's has confirmed he is a rooster and has been offered to the Freecycler looking for a bantam male.
                                Were you woken up this morning with a cock-a-doodle-do?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X