• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Thanks Mauren xx
    Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

Great news .... Enjoy it!!!
      Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

First egg's a joy! (So are all the rest - we always say 'thank you' to them)
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Worth all the waiting and tlc! Well done you!

Comment

Were you tapping a glass when you made the announcement? did it have bubbles in - the glass that is
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

After everything that's happened (and what a journey it has been), I am so pleased Betty has presented you with her first egg!

What are you going to do with it? Can't think which dish would go best with champagne

Still waiting for eggs Chez Girlies, and I think introducing the new girls yesterday might have set things back a bit.

Lovely news though, can't wait for my turn!

Jules
              Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

Thanks everyone so kind of you all xx Yes it was a crystal glass with homemade rhurbarb wine lol We had the "sacred" egg for brekkie scrambled style and now OH has saved the shell for posterity and mounted it trophy style lmao. Had an egg yesterday too, but none today for some reason. Oh well, still waiting for the other 3 girls to start producing, hope its soon Cheers xx

Comment

Well well its been 7 weeks exactely since we've had our ladies, they are roughly 23 weeks old now I think, through good and fearful ....and now to behold "Thomas (ina)" has laid her very first egg today! a nice light brown egg and defiently bigger than Bettys speckly dark brown eggs. I continue to be amazed so 2 down and 2 to go!

Are there any things that chickens should not from my back garden? The reason I ask is I do grow flowers and such and of late Thomas is crazy for my Dahlias!
                  Last edited by Gardenwitch; 27-06-2009, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Well it seems every other day Betty gives an egg, then on her day off Thomas gives an egg, and visa versa. So an egg a day so far from 2 birds. Although Thomas likes to be praised after she lays her egg, she gives such a scuffuffle and makes a proper announcment about it lol

They had lovely treats today of chopped chilled radish, carrot greens and chopped carrot, and a bit of corn tonight for extras and coping with the blazing sticky heat so well.

Comment

Got a question plz

2 of our 4 ladies were laying eggs finally- yes horay! BUT now nobodys laying anything- whats up? *confused*

They are not overweight
                      They eat greens from our backgarden lawn and I have grown them some herbs and leafy greens too.
                      They are resting and sleeping fine
                      They go nuts for their snack in the afternoon

The only thing I can think of is maybe the excessive heat last week took it out of them? Any other ideas?

OHHHH and what should they not eat plant wise?

Comment

Horay my Heritage skyline just laid her first egg today a lovely pale blue- green color I'm so pleased!!

Update; the other two have started laying again, thomas is every day now and betty nearly every 3 days.

so now bella is the only one NOT laying yet and her comb/wattles are still quite pale in color too, humm maybe its just her breed? (shes an Amber)
                        Last edited by Gardenwitch; 21-07-2009, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks for keeping us up to date - I don't have my ex-batts yet, but I'm interested to see how folk get on a few weeks down the line!
                          The Hen House

Comment

wow oh wow thomasina laid 2 eggs today! and Daisy laid her 3rd egg in a row as well, and she didnt crack this one- horay Funny though every egg daisys laid is slightly diferent colour, from pale green, to blue green to duck egg blue today!

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenwitch View Post
                              wow oh wow thomasina laid 2 eggs today! and Daisy laid her 3rd egg in a row as well, and she didnt crack this one- horay Funny though every egg daisys laid is slightly diferent colour, from pale green, to blue green to duck egg blue today!
                              She's just deciding which she likes best! Lovely to hear you're getting eggs after all the traumas.

Comment

lol thanks Sue

Yes things are looking up however my OH and I noticed Black Betty is mercilessly pecking at the youngest, Bella. For the first time last night she even puched bella out of the hen house! I feel so bad for bella

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X