Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont panic, you dont have to compulsory register your flock with DEFRA until you reach 50 birds, however, that number of fifty counts even if you only have the birds for a day whilst you transfer them to someone else.

I had to tell as i live next to a dairy farm of some 400 acres and he always has DEFRA round and it doesnt take a genius (even employed by DEFRA) to peer over the hedge and see my lot!

I am taking a few of my hatched birds to Leek auction next week to help reduce the feed bill, the trick will be coming away from there with less birds than i took.

I will be taking appenzellers, Pekins (of all sorts of colours) some "alledged" araucana (bought the eggs from eBay but never seen a pure black araucana with 5 toes before) and probably some silver dorkin too. Also i will be taking some 9 week old Bronze Turkeys.

Hopefully the market should be bouyant enough to take them this time with summer holidays coming up. Last time was dissapointing, there was only 3/4 of the cattle shed filled with birds and it seemed you could have any birds you liked as long as they were hybrid layers or leghorns.......

Secretly i wont some more Dorkin or even some light sussex but the idea is to reduce numbers. I wont tell if you wont.............
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

1100+4 =1104 just got our first last weekend !

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
        .......pssssssssssssssssssst! (in a whisper...) have you tried Thornes for the Cream Legbars?
        Thorne's Poultry Centre - Home
        OMG, I clicked - they've got Skylines as well How much are hybrids? It doesn't say........... I didn't just ask that........

Originally posted by Chocolate Brownie View Post
        107!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN YOU HAVE ONE-HUNDRED AND SEVEN..... mummy you know I love you and everything can we get 3 more unners like you said up there and 107-38=.................. not to good at maths............................69s the one more chickens. And also everyone back there when one of ours dyed it wasn't jennifer it was actually honey... my muched loved and much missed chicken ( it was one of mine) so just to let you no jennifer is alive and well and happy
        OMG help..........

Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
        lol you go CB you know it won't take much to crack! *evil laugh*...
        STEVE DO NOT ENCOURAGE THE BRAT...........
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

1104 minus 4, 3 chicks rehomed and Saffron chomped by fox. Plus one chick makes 1101

Comment

Minus Mrs Shuttlecock bum = 1100
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Plus 5 new girls = 1105

Comment

AAAWWW Sorry G4
                Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

Minus Clarissa Chickenson-Wright 1104

You lot are just lovely, it's taken a lot of the sting out of making the decision having been reassured that it was the right one. Much appreciated and thanks
                  http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Ditto Vicky
                    All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                    Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                      OMG, I clicked - they've got Skylines as well How much are hybrids? It doesn't say........... I didn't just ask that........

OMG help..........

HayleyB.........I think the hybrids maybe £13-£15? Can't remember - was a while when I asked. Would you get a Skyline rather than Cream Legbar or Araucana then?

This time last year Woodside Animal Farm had Cream Legbar chicks in their petstore! Soooo lovely! They were £7.50 each at the time.
                      Last edited by Lemon; 11-07-2009, 03:23 PM.

Comment

I've found a place near Sandy that have cream legbars, runner ducks and Marans amongst others, methinks I'll be calling them when I get back
                        Hayley B

Comment

Minus 1 - unnamed who'd been a tad off colour for a day or two but not seriously so am a bit surprised. I missed her little body when I let them out earlier she was under the ledge

Hayley B

Comment

Crikey I missed a lot! I thought we were still at about 998! when did we reach 1103?

by the way have at least 17 ducklings now (second Mum not shifting enough for me to count them!).....

Comment

We aren't allowed ducks or geese
                              Hayley B

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                                We aren't allowed ducks or geese
                                Yeah I know I didn't add them in but thought I'd mention them in passing and its now 21 ducklings!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X