This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
    Sorry to hear your losses Hayley - About a month or so ago, I lost one of my newly rescued Batties to the water trough too - so upsetting when it was a happy, healthy, well-feathered bird...
    You too, honestly it wasn't even one of the big troughs eejit birdie, at least she had a couple of months of freedom..
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

• 1821 plus our 3 1824.....we do have 2 cockerals too, but that doesn't count I daresay

Comment

• It sure does Stevie, count those boys in...
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

• come on!! sprint for the 2000!!! count in those chickies!!!

Comment

• My 4 little chicks makes 1828!

Comment

• Maybe I should go get some more now I'm down to 37.....
              Hayley B

Comment

• make that 8 more , 4 black rocks and 4 road rocks,i think thats 1836, not the year of course

Comment

• 1836 minus brown leghorn gone in freezer today = 1835!

Comment

• 1835 ........................ now for some complicated sums!!! It's been a hatch and dispatch day today as well as some update on what's been happening during the week.

First, the lady I sold some of Basil's babies to phoned and told me she'd got 4 boys and could she swap 3 of them. I'd foolishly said when she bought them that I'd swap any boys so I couldn't really go back on my word could I? So, she took 2 girls in exchange for 3 boys. Sum time - 1835 plus 3 boys minus 2 girls = 1836.

Today I (got help to do it) dispatched 4 boys - total now 1832

So far 11 (yes, eleven) chicks have hatched . 7 Croad Langshans and 4 Jersey Giant crosses and they look fabulous. There's still 3 eggs in the incubator but as it's only Day 21 today there could still be more

So, I think the final total is now 1843
                    My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• Crikey Aunty Mo can you repeat that for me
                      Hayley B

Comment

• 1843 minus 2 cockerels sold today(buff orpington and white leghorn) and also minus young gold silkie that wasn't thriving so had to be put down.= 1840

Comment

• 1839. Wonky's gone now
                          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• sorry maureen.

but you have got a cracking box full of tricks with the babies!!
                            My Blog
                            http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

• 1849 with my 10 babies - 3 Speckled Sussex and 7 Wyandottes now a week old
                              Last edited by Suechooks; 30-03-2010, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• 1848. lost one of my batts yesterday but at least she had 13months of freedom with us
                                Last edited by Hans Mum; 01-04-2010, 07:39 AM.
                                The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X