Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, we lost one of our first batch of ten ex-batts. Found it in the run this morning after feeding with its inners on the outside. I assume it had a prolapse trying to lay an egg. Sufice to say it was definately a goner

Picked up another 10 ex-batts today but managed to rehome all ten to a neighbour. So i have to say that i am bringing the total down to 1540
    My Blog
    http://blog.goodlifepress.co.uk/mikerutland

Comment

• Lost another Batty in the night She was still eating, drinking and playing in puddles with the rest until yesterday. May have been old age, or possibly the terrible weather we had yesterday. RIP Ruby.

That's me down to 18.

Any suggestions as to how many I should keep in a 6' x 4' shed? They're only in it at night, and it has 6 nest-boxes. They're out all day.

New total = 1539
      Last edited by Glutton4...; 15-11-2009, 11:36 AM.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• aaaaww RIP Ruby
        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

• Sorry to hear that G4,
          I have a 6 x 4 hut and it has 2 perches, each 6'. Theoretically it will hold about 16-18 but the most I've had in it is 12 and that was comfortable with plenty of perching room. In fact my newest ex-batts are moving in there tonight along with my 4 young Warrens and 2 older ex-batts. Thought it was a good idea as the weather is getting colder so they can snuggle up together!

Comment

• Thanks Suechooks My 6' x 4' shed/coop has 4 perches each 4' long making a total of 16'. I noticed they happily sit 5 per perch, but a couple sleep in the nest boxes . I guess that's because there wasn't enough room - I did have 22 in there at one point!

I'm keen to get more, so was just checking, really
            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• lost the black faverolle that never grew feathers a few weeks ago, just dropped dead ... and 2 cocks less today .... 1 for dinner tonight, and one in freezer .... 1536

Comment

• Minus 1 -my ex-batt Hattie went to chooky heaven

Comment

• 1535 minus 4 chicks with coccidiosis = 1531

Comment

• 1531-5 =1526 RIP Sky, Storm, Eeny, Mo and Meeny.

You are all sorely missed. Lotsa love from RT, Mrs RT and DD. DD has asked Grandad to take especial care of you Sky and has asked him to give you loads of cuddles and to carry you just like she did...
                    Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                      1531-5 =1526 RIP Sky, Storm, Eeny, Mo and Meeny.

You are all sorely missed. Lotsa love from RT, Mrs RT and DD. DD has asked Grandad to take especial care of you Sky and has asked him to give you loads of cuddles and to carry you just like she did...
                      Oh dear RT whatever happened?

Comment

• And again RT, soo so sorry for you {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

Sue... Fox
                        Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

Comment

• thanks all as Hayley said Sue... got to go lump there's summink in my eyes again...
                          Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

• I'm so sorry Red Thorn♥
                            If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess

Comment

• Originally posted by RedThorn View Post
                              thanks all as Hayley said Sue... got to go lump there's summink in my eyes again...
                              So so sorry RT. There's just nothing anyone can say . {{{{Big big hugs}}}} to you , Mrs RT and DD.

Comment

• Sorry guys we lost Mini over night, she's the Anber Link ex-bat (from last Xmas) that had a stroke a number of months back, had many more good days than down days since but we always knew she wouldn't ever be totally right and would leave us soon, at least it was before the cold of winter. RIP Mini xxxx

Total 1525
                                Hayley B

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X