No announcement yet.

PALLET chicken house

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah unfortunately, i didn't think about it while they were pinging for the last 6 months, so there will be quite a few kind of buried in the soil

Comment

• Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
      yeah unfortunately, i didn't think about it while they were pinging for the last 6 months, so there will be quite a few kind of buried in the soil
      The good news is that as the iron nails rust and break they will help with your soil alkalinity problem!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• not if the chooks find em first, coco found a screw the other day (under the kitchen unit) and ran round with it in his beak, with the others ..... and me ..... trying to grab it off him before he swallowed it
        Last edited by lynda66; 19-02-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• BWERK BWERK.......

Translation - Bladdy 'ell girl that's brilliant, you should start selling them
          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

• don't think it would be terribly profitable though ....... it's taken 5 months lol ..... and actually this is my first and only chook house .... when this one disintegrates, i'm gonna buy a shed and stick 2 boxes in it and a perch.

Comment

• well it's not quite finished but i don't think they'll mind ..... but i decided they are going in, have put in 2 removable perches held in place with little angled struts, so they don't fall off ........ and a removable splat try underneath, this definitely needs to be wider, but i'll keep scouring skips and freecycle ....... so here it is in all it's nearly finished glory
              Attached Files

Comment

• Brilliant!! The chooks love it too by the looks of things. Wow, they're looking like proper chickens now too!
                My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

• Aren't they big kids now?
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• yup, nearly ready for dinner

and i can only get 3 in the cat basket at once now

i have found a flaw in my design though

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post377538

Comment

tiling up one side all done, back wall painted cream, lino put on left hand wall (if putting on walls use the cheap lino, it's bendier, theres a couple of bumps on the wall), but the chooks wont mind, was doing a final run round with silicone to make the joins in the lino waterproof so i can wash it out with the hose...... when i actually snapped the silicone gun so i had to borrow one off a neighbour, no probs till i was doing under the light, cos it was dark, and i knocked it off, so i gave up and came in,

but theres smashed lightbulb all over the floor now

....... though one cool thing, when you break a energy saving light bulb, it takes about 30 seconds to go out and is filled with white bowdery stuff .......... anyway, hopefully they should get a couple of hours in it tomorrow or the day after, hope they like the colours
                      EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Energy saving bulbs contain mercury, and if they break when on, there will be mercury vapour about which is nasty stuff, it can send you mad (old-fashioned hatters used mercury, and that is why they became 'as mad as a hatter'). Important tip, if you break one of those, get OUT of the room (or shed) for at least 15 mins!
                      Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• it was dark ..... i just left it ..... and i thought energy saving bulbs were supposed to be safer?? oh well a few more lost brain cells won't matter

Comment

• well the base is down, just gotta buil the rest of the run now, separated most of the panels, so will hopefully get them all together tomorrow, just hoping the run will be big enough, and i can still fit the polytunnel in ........ i think i've killed myself shifting soil though, but can't let the chooks have it, it's the best soil in my garden lol
                          Attached Files

Comment

it was dark ..... i just left it ..... and i thought energy saving bulbs were supposed to be safer?? oh well a few more lost brain cells won't matter
                            The mercury is only drastically harmful in quantity (and there isn't MUCH in one bulb), but the vapour is definitely best avoided. (there was me carefully NOT suggesting that there are some folk who wouldn't notice the difference)
                            Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• tis very odd they are putting mercury in them though, they spent years getting rid of mercury in bp meters and thermometers to aviod environmental pollution, then go and put it in light bulbs that are gonna smash all over the place when they go into landfill

Comment

• Yup - it's called progress!
                                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X