No announcement yet.

young green fingers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there Aidan- and a big welcome to the Vine from me too!

I've removed your surname from your first post for a bit of security for you....it's one of those things we Moderators do!

I think you are indeed our youngest member but we have had a few peeps your age in the past who have happily joined in with our love of gardening and sharing of advice and questions!
    We're hoping there will be more younger members now that we have a school section.

Are you going to grow in pots, in the garden, greenhouse????...and another nosy question.....do your parents like gardening- or are you hoping to introduce them to the joys of growing their own food?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Good morning Aidan and welcome. Enjoy your gardening but please speak to someone about the bullying

Comment

Originally posted by CaroltheCarrot View Post
        ....but please speak to someone about the bullying
        Yes indeed, bullies shouldn't get away with it.

You'll find there are no bullies on this forum- we just won't tolerate it.
        In fact there are 6 moderators on here most of the time and we have big red buttons we really enjoy pressing to zap bullies off into outer space

Comment

i have a bit of a green house to use and a huge garden to grow things in too me mum and dad want to garden but they never have time but in our new house they will

Comment

Hello FP3, nice to see you back here again. Your new garden and greenhouse sound perfect. I'm sure you'll have great fun growing fruit and veggies, and some flowers together.
            Its a bit unfair though, as you'll be getting all the best advice from this Forum and your parents won't (unless they join as well!) - so you're always going to grow better stuff than they will

Comment

yes and i will get help from my grandma because she is a very good gardener too and my mum can't be that bad when she was young her mum grew all there veg and fruit

Comment

Even better, FP3, three generations of gardeners! I envy you! When I was a kid we didn't have a garden but my Granddad had an allotment and I was his little "helper"! I was probably in the way all the time but he didn't seem to mind. Once gardening gets into your blood, you never grow out of it.

Comment

i know going to c the dolphines to day got to leave bye everyone

Comment

Have a lovely day FP3. Hope you see lots of dolphins

Comment

I can see we'll be asking advice from you!!

Have a good day

Comment

i am back home now i saw 3 dolphines and loads of sea birds

Comment

hey everyone i would like to know what flowers are easiest and best to grow if you like lots of colour and which to i grow in a greenhouse and which do i grow in the garden

Comment

Are you thinking of growing from seed or buying plug plants?
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Do you want to plant flowers that will come back every year (perennials) or do you want to sew seeds every year (annuals) of some favourite flowers?

Climbing plants always look good when they scramble through a hedge or a tree, especially if they have lovely floweres like clematis for example.

My nextdoor neighbour has a greenhouse that is full of all kinds of cactus and tropical plants. So really the possibilities are endless.
                              Last edited by donnakebab; 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

I like flowers that attract butterflies and bees so I would choose old fashioned cottage garden flowers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse
                                • Snoop Puss
                                  Reply to Cooking Tonight #5
                                  by Snoop Puss
                                  Today, 09:13 AM
                                • Containergardener
                                  Reply to Chitchat thread #24
                                  by Containergardener
                                  Today, 09:13 AM
                                • Holly Daze
                                  Leeks
                                  by Holly Daze
                                  Morning! I’ve grown some leeks from seed and have transplanted them into small pots. To give context they are about 6 inches tall and skinny. When can I transplant them into my raised bed please? This is the second time I have grown these. First time they were devastated by alium moth or something...
                                  Today, 08:58 AM

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X