• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one, Eco-chic - perfect karma!

Comment

tightwadery! another great word
      hey we're gliding along here aren't we?

good karma then
      and i'm also going to be buying all my seeds (or at least most) from More Veg instead of Dobies!
      Iamhanuman

New Boy & Son Blog My Blog about a new gardener's experiences with his son

AND PLEASE CHECK OUT MY DEAR WIFE'S BLOG
      Independent Minds

Comment

I am not a seasoned gardener, and I am pretty useless at DIY. That said even I managed to make a raised bed! The money saved on the beds can go to stuff I cant make, like the seed mountain I am accumulating They really are spectacularly easy and I could make em to fit the space I have. But if you want to buy the shiny ones you go right ahead, it's your garden after all

I made mine quite deep in case I grow award winning root crops (yeah right) but bare in mind they take some filling at that depth
        Attached Files
        WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

i do like the idea of making my raised beds myself
          i am still thinking about it
          the problem is while i'm thinking, nothing is getting planted!!
          i'm off to buy rubble sacks today
          Iamhanuman

Independent Minds

Comment

Originally posted by FionaH View Post
            I am not a seasoned gardener, and I am pretty useless at DIY. That said even I managed to make a raised bed! The money saved on the beds can go to stuff I cant make, like the seed mountain I am accumulating They really are spectacularly easy and I could make em to fit the space I have. But if you want to buy the shiny ones you go right ahead, it's your garden after all

I made mine quite deep in case I grow award winning root crops (yeah right) but bare in mind they take some filling at that depth
            Nice looking bed, there, Fiona.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
              Nice looking bed, there, Fiona.
              agreed!!!!

that is what is tempting me - i want to stand back and impress myself and then post some pics!
              Iamhanuman

Independent Minds

Comment

It's not even a project

Originally posted by Iamhanuman View Post
                i do like the idea of making my raised beds myself
                i am still thinking about it
                the problem is while i'm thinking, nothing is getting planted!!
                i'm off to buy rubble sacks today
                Just to confuse you a bit more, if you are still thinking about making your own go over to utube, search raised beds and you can watch some very good video clips on making them and some other peoples gardens and allotments with them in. They are really are dead easy to make,its not even a diy project to drill and screw four lenghts of timber together and add a few stakes to each corner to anchor them.

As you live in rented accomodation, what to do with the soil should you move and take your raiseds beds with you, is not your problem.
                Attached Files

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

Just in case anyone was wondering about the picture, these raised beds are not mine,nor is it my plot. It's just a picture that I had on my computor for ideas of how to lay mine out. These are 8' x 4' and 7" high and are all ready for planting up.

Gardening should always be a pleasure and never a chore,only someone forgot to tell the weeds

"If you don't have a plan, a goal for yourself, then you are almost certainly a part of someone else's"

"The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dream is you"

Comment

thanks david that is motivation at its best!!!
                    Iamhanuman

Independent Minds

Comment

See this for motivation....

allaboutallotments_Deep_bed_building

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X