Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to my suprise and excitement

hi all

i came down this morning to be greeting by wonderful green shoots of turnip and beetroot. i am rather excited by this and a little bit nervous because now i have to nourish them and make sure i look after them. i am rather excited by this as this is my first time ever growing anything from seed! i hope i do well by them whilst they are growing and i hope i manage to get a good crop. pictures below

thanks
    lawrence

Last edited by lawless23456; 18-04-2008, 08:43 PM.
    My Growing Blog

http://chookoppolis.wordpress.com

Congratulations. It is exciting isn't it!
    Happy Gardening,
    Shirley

Comment

yeah it is very exciting. my fiance thinks im silly for getting so excited about so few shoots but like i said this is all new to me!
      My Growing Blog

Comment

I've been growing for thirty-something years and I STILL get excited when seeds come through. I would take the lid off them and make sure they don't start to get mouldy. Once they've started coming through they'll be through thick and fast now.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

hey thats ace, this is my second year, and i get very excited when they first come up. You'll be checking them all the time now too

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
            I've been growing for thirty-something years and I STILL get excited when seeds come through. I would take the lid off them and make sure they don't start to get mouldy. Once they've started coming through they'll be through thick and fast now.
            take the lid of right now?
            My Growing Blog

Comment

Yes, this very minute! They need some fresh air when they start to come through. Worst case scenario is they start to damp off, go wilty.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                Yes, this very minute! They need some fresh air when they start to come through. Worst case scenario is they start to damp off, go wilty.
                consider it done! lol
                My Growing Blog

Comment

Excellect work!

I love watching Courgette seeds germinate and grow, they're mad! They only take 5-7 days to germinate (which is very satisfying), and then you turn your back for a minute and they've grown an inch with two honkin' big seed leaves!! I love it!
                  Last edited by Pumpkin Becki; 17-04-2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Mine started to come through the other day too. I'm in the same boat as you, first year growing. I have been checking them 3-4 times a day to spot new ones. As Flummery says, they start coming fast now.
                    BW
                    James

I like to try, might not get far, but I like to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Jameslovell View Post
                      Mine started to come through the other day too. I'm in the same boat as you, first year growing. I have been checking them 3-4 times a day to spot new ones. As Flummery says, they start coming fast now.
                      cool cant wait i've been checking them probably nearly every hour since i planted them lol, i have bought 2 books about growing veg and am sort of treating this year as a wait and see what happens as i think i decided a bit late that i was going to grow veg. what makes it harder is we are in rented property and our landlady doesnt want us to dig up the garden which means my other choice is an allotment but there is a 73 person waiting list which makes me the 74th lol hopefully something will come up *crosses fingers*

lawrence
                      My Growing Blog

Comment

Originally posted by lawless23456 View Post
                        cool cant wait i've been checking them probably nearly every hour since i planted them lol, i have bought 2 books about growing veg and am sort of treating this year as a wait and see what happens as i think i decided a bit late that i was going to grow veg. what makes it harder is we are in rented property and our landlady doesnt want us to dig up the garden which means my other choice is an allotment but there is a 73 person waiting list which makes me the 74th lol hopefully something will come up *crosses fingers*

lawrence
                        You can grow an amazing amount of stuff in containers and there are loads of threads on the vine about that. Keep a notebook of all your trials, errors, successes and failures - it will be invaluable to refer back to next year.
                        Happy Gardening,
                        Shirley

Comment

By taking the lid off it actually stops the diffused light that comes through the plastic from making your plants go leggy.

Congratulations.
                          I love growing tomatoes.

Comment

Never thought I would stand in my own greenhouse wanting nothing to do other than gaze at the flower and vegetable shoots coming through. Mad aren't we, but it's just great. I get really impatient after the first one comes through, wondering will this be the only one, or is this a weed and all I will get. Will have to go through my seed packets as I've got a 40 hole tray with something coming up but I can't find the marker. All adds to the wonder and excitement eh!

Comment

Congrats!! Its my first year growing to, I rang up my parents in the UAE to tell them my tomato seedlings had popped up. Very exciting.
                              Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X