Repair of water butt

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Baz - I bet you were offended to be offered an "Older" Russian women. Wonder how much "older" they are
    It seems to me nowadays anyone over 20 is considered "Older" As a pensioner I find my range of acceptable partners has expanded considerably.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

By the way, if I remember my mechanics correctly, if you're going to use a solvent/filler then the cracks can still run and grow. To stop it running drill a small hole at each end of the crack. The circular shape relieves stress more evenly whereas the crack has a sharp acute end where the stress is focused into a small area which tears.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
        By the way, if I remember my mechanics correctly, if you're going to use a solvent/filler then the cracks can still run and grow. To stop it running drill a small hole at each end of the crack. The circular shape relieves stress more evenly whereas the crack has a sharp acute end where the stress is focused into a small area which tears.
        That is quite correct, also applies to cracks in metal. Another benefit is that the holes allow sealant through to the other side making it more secure.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

I use Plastic Metal sealer: mends to water buts last on average about 10 years..Then drill out old stuff, sandpaper edges to give grip and redo...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X