Home Made Grow Lights

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by areia View Post
    ok gonna ask poss dim question looking at that reflective sheeting, if say your on a really tight budget and you have that shiny foil like present wrap would that have the same effect ??
    The consensus of opinion is that white reflects better than foil........I have tried both & agree.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Ananke View Post
      I bought a 2ft twin fluorescent light from B&Q yesterday but it didn't say cool white on the packaging. It states that each bulb is 18w 1,300 lumen 10,000 h (no doubt the answer is in there somewhere) I should have taken notes when I read this thread through the other day.
      Switch it on, if it gives a bluey hue to the white light its cool white, if it gives a yellow white glow its warm white.
      I'm only here cos I got on the wrong bus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
        Building your own works out a lot cheaper GT, I picked up a 3ft twin cool light fitting with tubes for £18. Just needed to add wire & a plug.
        OK thanks, I'll keep looking as have not been finding anything near that price

Comment

• I found this on B&Q site but it doesn't say what type of tube. Maybe some techy can see it.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/images...cent_bulbs.pdf
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 09-01-2013, 12:36 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikeywills View Post
            Switch it on, if it gives a bluey hue to the white light its cool white, if it gives a yellow white glow its warm white.
            I'm such an eejit, I just went to open the packaging to switch it on and have a look, wee senior moment there....don't know why I though I could do that without some cable and a plug.

I have a few 4 socket extentions, i'll need to look and see if I can use the cable and plug from one of them to wire up the light.
            My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

• This Gro light thing is becoming a bit of an obsession with me Just spotted the Rise and Fall light fitting over the dining table and thought, I could change that bulb for a daylight one and pull it right down to the table for seedlings At this rate I'll have seedlings in every room of the house

Comment

• Having seedlings in every room in the house, now there's gardner's heaven for ya.

Comment

• Seedlings are a bit like books, they seem to take over every room - or at least the windowsills

Comment

• hmmmph and there was me thinking it was just like wiimmin ::::::::::::::::::;flees:::::::::::::::::::

Comment

• I'm just beginning to start covering grow lights in my diploma. At the moment I don't know anymore than anybody else, but last night I did read a short research paper mainly about computer controlled lighting in greenhouses, etc.

At the end of the paper it suggested that increasing CO2 in a greenhouse (tripling the normal level in air) can go someway to reducing the need for supplementary lighting during the vegetative growing phase.

Now don't all rush out to get a propane heater for your lounge/conservatory, as you do still need what most people would consider a normal days light, but I thought it might be an interesting comment to add.
                      Last edited by Paulieb; 09-01-2013, 01:53 PM.
                      The more help a man has in his garden, the less it belongs to him.
                      William M. Davies

Comment

• Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
                        hmmmph and there was me thinking it was just like wiimmin ::::::::::::::::::;flees:::::::::::::::::::
                        Just like "wiimmin" what? Sometimes I think your age is getting the better of you, Ap

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Just like "wiimmin" what? Sometimes I think your age is getting the better of you, Ap
                          I think AP meant wimmin not wimmin......................
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Looks like there's another losing his marbles ^^^^

Comment

• Is it better to have a diffuser on or off the fluorescent light?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ananke View Post
                                Is it better to have a diffuser on or off the fluorescent light?
                                Mine doesn't have a diffuser. I think they are more for protection than anything else. You don't really want to be banging your head into tubes..........

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X