Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep the watering can rose unblocked?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was hoping to go bigger than the cheapy one i have at 8L but i really like that haws one 7L would mean even more trips back and forth to the butts which are on the house. Do Haws make 10L cans?
    Last edited by Chef_uk; 22-04-2012, 05:56 PM.
    www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chef_uk View Post
      I was hoping to go bigger than the cheapy one i have at 8L but i really like that haws one 7L would mean even more trips back and forth to the butts which are on the house. Do Haws make 10L cans?
      Carry a second container (cheapie can or bucket) back from the butt and fill the Haws one when empty.

Better for your back to be evenly balanced too.
      Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you are probably right.
      Edited: for typo, thakns VC

Comment

Originally posted by Chef_uk View Post
        Do Haws make 10L cans?
        I think the biggest can that Haws make is 8.8 litre. I know they're expensive but they are well worth it.
        It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Ay up Capsid do you mean like this ? ................

If so see .... Haws Round Brass Fine-Spray Watering Can rose 320/2-3, Deluxe, Slimcan cans | eBay .... or search google for .... Haws No.3 and No.2&3 Watering can roses.
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
            I use water from the butt
            I find the water at the bottom of the butt is full of decomposing leaves, dust, grit, roof & gutter debris ~ so I don't use the tap for filling, I dip the can in the top.

Then again, I don't use the rose hardly at all: I water containers into the saucer at the bottom, or stand pots in a gravel tray.

If I water the back garden I take the rose off and pour into my sunken plant pots/pop bottles. I don't water the soil surface, I pour the water directly to the roots. It's quicker and uses less water.

If you're determined to use a rose, how about putting a pop sock over the spout before you put the rose on?
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Admin have updated the filtered words - kitchen garden is no longer filtered FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                Admin have updated the filtered words - kitchen garden is no longer filtered FYI.
                Thanks Chris and Admin. It has been a bit frustrating!! Now I'm going to test it
                kitchengarden

Last edited by veggiechicken; 23-04-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  Thanks Chris and Admin. It has been a bit frustrating!! Now I'm going to test it
                  kitchengarden
                  stay true and faithful to 1 only,why waste money on a book,it means more seedzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
                    Ay up Capsid do you mean like this ? ................

If so see .... Haws Round Brass Fine-Spray Watering Can rose 320/2-3, Deluxe, Slimcan cans | eBay .... or search google for .... Haws No.3 and No.2&3 Watering can roses.
                    Thanks, but I'm fairly certain that does not have a screw thread.
                    Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

Sydney solution

I filled the head up with hot water and detergent and then stuck a toothbrush inside and scrubbed vigorously. It worked beautifully.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X