Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep the watering can rose unblocked?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capsid View Post
    I couldn't find an fine oval brass one with a screw thread though.
    Have you thought about Masseys? Where were you looking? Website?
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
      Have you thought about Masseys? Where were you looking? Website?
      General Google search which included the Haws website. Massey's website didn't list roses.
      Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

General Google search which included the Haws website. Massey's website didn't list roses.
        Well I've just found a Haws screw thread rose but then that's the description I asked google to search for. On their website and OK you can't see the thread end but the description is there.
        Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

Originally posted by VirginVegGrower View Post
          Well I've just found a Haws screw thread rose but then that's the description I asked google to search for. On their website and OK you can't see the thread end but the description is there.
          The Haws website shows a screw thread rose that is round. For some reason I want an oval one.
          Last edited by Capsid; 22-04-2012, 09:55 AM.
          Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

The Haws website shows a screw thread rose that is round. For some reason I want an oval one.
            Ah maybe not then...sorry

Comment

Like this? HAWS OVAL BRASS WATERING CAN ROSE: 320-2/3 :: Watering can roses :: Watering :: Nutley's Kitchen Gardens

edit: kitchengarden has been removed from the filtered words - so fixed the link for you.
              Last edited by chris; 23-04-2012, 09:22 AM.

Comment

I have had many watering cans over the years, and in fact have about 4 on the go now, but I have never come across an oval rose with a screw thread, all of the oval roses I have (fully brass, or brass face) are push fit. - Why not invest in a second can with an oval rose - the Haws injection moulded plastic ones are very good, come with a full brass rose and are much less expensive, and lighter to handle, than the metal ones.

a-a

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                  That link doesn't work. Is it a screw thread?
                  Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

You need to follow the instructions in my edit ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      You need to follow the instructions in my edit ^^^^
                      Ok thanks. I appreciate your help. Why did you edit the link?
                      Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

That link doesn't work. Is it a screw thread?
                        I couldn't get this link to pick up either - Try Googling Nutleys Kitchen Garden and go on from there.

a-a
                        Last edited by alex-adam; 22-04-2012, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Ok thanks. I appreciate your help. Why did you edit the link?
                          Because of the ******* that appeared when I posted the message! For some reason this Forum doesn't approve of the words kitchen and garden when used without a space between them

Comment

Originally posted by alex-adam View Post
                            I have had many watering cans over the years, and in fact have about 4 on the go now, but I have never come across an oval rose with a screw thread, all of the oval roses I have (fully brass, or brass face) are push fit. - Why not invest in a second can with an oval rose - the Haws injection moulded plastic ones are very good, come with a full brass rose and are much less expensive, and lighter to handle, than the metal ones.

a-a
                            But it's the weight behind the metal ones that give the best and most even flow. I have both and much prefer the metal one.

Comment

I really should invest in a decent can but still use the cheap £2 job from wilkingsons and its pathetic to be honest.

Would love any recommendations for one that's big and that will last a good amount of time please? I will only ever water with a can from the waterbutt as the hose won't reach to the patch.
                              www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Chef_uk View Post
                                I really should invest in a decent can but still use the cheap £2 job from wilkingsons and its pathetic to be honest.

Would love any recommendations for one that's big and that will last a good amount of time please? I will only ever water with a can from the waterbutt as the hose won't reach to the patch.
                                If its for the garden, rather than the allotment, where it might be stolen, you could consider treating yourself to a Haws can - there is a link to the website in one of my posts above.

I have the 7 litre de-luxe plastic one with all brass rose which I'v had for about 10 years. Great for all general garden watering. I also have a smaller all metal Haws can which I bought secondhand, this is possibly 40 or so years old and still fine.

a-a

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X