Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GardenGayle View Post
    I'd like to register my interest.

I have Chilean Guavas, Mara des bois strawberries and yellow raspberries (not sure how to propagate these to send on though..) and whitecurrants.

I've never really tried taking cuttings so I'll have to do some research and cant promise anyone success...
    Chilean guava is bung sticks in pots of compost or water, I think mara de bois and yellow rasp is division but hopefully someone else will say.

Originally posted by stevejohnson53 View Post
    I'll do some heritage gooseberries May Duke, Golden Drop & Hedgehog also Leveller, for sure but may be more varieties by next spring.

I am in the process of buying 9 different varieties of honeyberries at the moment but not sure about propagation success so dont hold your breath.

Black Red & White currants Some Strawberries & Raspberries should be available too

(Do we do a list of all varieties? I don't want to clog up the board :-) )

Steve
    No you don't need to list everything, it just helps to encourage people and give ideas. Although at this rate they are going to be ruddy big parcels

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Getting desperate now, AT
    Ok, what have I missed? I am looking forward to worcesterberries

Comment

I would love to join but I am only just going into my first year of growing fruit (except strawberries) so I am not sure how I will get on.
      Also I was given a lot of different things so I dont have any idea on which varieties they are etc.

Comment

^^^It is up to you. You can join at any point. None of us know how well things will perform and it often changes at the last minute. Whilst it is nice to know varieties it is not a major issue if not (perhaps with the exception of strawberries). This is the first soft fruit circle and I would like to keep it as open as possible (it may change in future years). If it goes well there is no reason why it can't be done again

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
          Ok, what have I missed? I am looking forward to worcesterberries
          Worcesterberries

Jostaberries

Must remember to take cuttings
          Attached Files

Comment

Just thought I would give everyone a reminder incase they get a bit over zealous in tidying any soft fruit plants

Comment

Can I register my interest too please? Am particularly interested in heritage gooseberries, worcesterberries & more Chilean guava.

If they count, I'll be coming back from Italy with an armful of softwood cuttings from pomegranates, and I'm also trying softwood cuttings of figs and vranja quince at home. If they don't fit in, no bother, I'll offer them elsewhere (if they work). That's a lot of 'ifs'!
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

^^^Done I'm interested but I am happy to give anything a bash.

Comment

I love rooting cuttings, got root hormone, propagator, the lot! But definitely have to wait a year as my fruit bushes are brand new and need them to mature a bit.

Comment

Bump - just a reminder so you don't forget your prunings etc.

Comment

I've just turned my Baldwin blackcurrant prunings into cuttings. Probably enough for everyone on the Vine

Comment

Guys I'm out for this I'm afraid - my life is too chaotic right now. Sorry!

However, if you need a home for your blackcurrant prunings VC I'm in the market for an edible hedge
                        Last edited by vixylix; 06-10-2016, 01:22 PM.

Comment

^^^You have until Feb/Mar if you change your mind or things stop being quite so hectic

Comment

My pomegranates have come to nothing - I need a fresh supply from Italy...and my fig is looking unhappy, so I'll try to scrounge prunings from my neighbour.

I have a couple of pots of Vranja quince cuttings in the greenhouse, and they don't need to be grown on rootstock if they do take off.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by stevejohnson53 View Post
                              Once my post count is up, count me in too
                              how do you , I know when when post count is ok? Dal

Comment

^^^Dal the only way I know is to go to your post history http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...archid=2324623
                                I don't think anyone is really strict about it. It is just a means of making sure no one is taking the piddle (or the 'chance of' is reduced) hence the active member type clause

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X