Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did some ultra quick weeding before work and last night finally got my Cambridge strawberry's into their patch.

More here.... Tooting Flower Show

Comment

• Planted up a second growbag in the greenhouse. This one has 1 tomato plant and 2 melon plants in it - plus a few tagete seedlings.
      Planted out the celeriac seedlings into their raised bed - hoping for an improvement on last year's results
      come visit a garden
      or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Sowed 12 cucumber seeds. Wasn't going to bother after the miserable attempt last year, but now I've got the Stayput greenhouse, I thought I might have another go at some.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Planted out .. Pumpkins,squash,sweetcorn & dwarf french beans,also got rained on
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• - had to water the school gardens with the hose, stuff is dying
            - planted up a strawberry tower with school, put dwarf French beans on the top layer
            - planted out a few dozen French beans up the lotty
            - transplanted some self-seeded sunflowers to a better place
            - potted on lots of stuff in the gh (it's never-ending)
            - nipped some "first flowers" off the various chillies
            - pulled up the never-did-grow leeks to plant Frenchies
            - pulled up a dozen bolting autumn onions
            - me and four fellas spent 3 hrs binning my lovely bottle border It'd fallen foul of the flat cap brigade
            Last edited by Two_Sheds; 12-05-2011, 06:42 PM.
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Dug and added home made compost to two small areas and finished the planting of my Cara potatoes. Done loads of weeding.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Came back from Cyprus to find my Broadies have sprouted, my potato sacks have gone mad and all my seedlings on the windowsill (tomatoes,kale and cauli) and the plastic greenhouse (sweetcorn and courgettes) have grown like mad because my wonderful neighbour watered everything for me while I was away.
                So....today I did a little dance around the garden...lol

Best of all not a weed in sight either!!!
                Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Comment

• Potted on more tomatoes and chillis and peppers. Pricked out some celeriac into modules, half for me, half for the tunnel. Sowed beetroot direct in a couple of places, and some rocket that I'd left out in the seed packet to do yesterday, the rain got to it, so it had to be done
                  Dug two trenches for the runners and put the almost done compost underneath, then backfilled with earth. It's been so dry they probably wouldn't have been very happy otherwise, put in two rows of poles straddling two beds, planted out the 16 runners i had, [I thought i only had ten then found another pot of them, yayy!], put in 6 poles for climbing french beans.
                  Got another blue barrel, moved it halfway down the beds, and filled from the water butts which were all full!!! Yeehaw! Filled every 5ltr water bottle I could find, and filled up the ex-horse manure barrel with water, and the two comfrey and nettle bins, and the weed-drowning barrel. Did this so when it rains tonight, as it's just starting to now, all my butts will be full again, and I'll have a bit extra, should the weather get dry again.
                  Put in some curly metal canes for the outdoor tomatoes, moved two volunteer borage plants to the side of the garden.
                  Now I'm plumb tuckered out.

Comment

• Yesterday - home from work early and straight down to the plot. Planted out sunflowers, climbing frenchies - probably a bit early but they were way too big for the modules and a few cauli plants. Then I put in 24 leeks (my leeks last year were a bit weedy) because I had to wait for the potatoes in order to have space to plant them ... this year I left a bed I heeled the rest in. Did a bit of weeding, put straw around the strawberries and molded up the potatoes - 1st and 2nd earlies are looking quite perky and the main crop are showing through. As I left the plot it started to rain and then it rained most of the night and this morning! Hurrah!

This afternoon I spent my Morrison's miles voucher on 4 growbags for the greenhouse and did a load of potting on. I think I have overestimated our tomato needs - I've got loads - over 2 dozen plants. I did not expect them all to thrive.

Comment

• Sowed carrots,beetroots,peas,lettuces and goodness knows what else.Just to get rid of the seeds.

Comment

• (Yesterday) Reset the mini-fence around the border than keeps being destroyed by the neighbours cat and put some more bamboo sticks in the ground with the aim of stopping it doing it's business there.

sowed sunflowers, more toms, more thyme, rosemary, parsley, basil, chives, sweetcorn and courgette. Thinned lettuce seedlings and filled up the bird feeders.

Comment

• sowed peas and runner beans, planted out my french beans from cold frame.Planted out my beetroot plants and sowed carrot tape (Nantes 2). Finished rigging the frame above the peas/beans with bamboo canes and netting.Forgot to sow parsnip seeds, but have some swedes germinating, so will use the space in the root bed for these.Sowed some mixed lettuce seeds in troughs

Comment

• planted out runner beans from cold frame but I think they have gone a bit leggy. Planted lazy housewife beans direct in bed. planted 5 potato bags and 16 pots of spuds, international kidney, pink for apple, rooster and assorted unlabelled seed spuds. It is late but I figured that they would only rot in shed so I might as well chance it. Husband cleared and hand weeded around borders. Planted a courgette in space where I harvested 2 spring cabbages. Running out of space yet again.

Comment

• Put up some trellis, used a full battery charge to drill four holes (eh, at least the drill was free) and destroyed a wood bit drilling through some hard mortar.

Stepped back to realise that the ground the trellis was resting on wasn't level so the trellis is at an angle relative to the top of the wall.

Never mind, it's only slightly out and once my tomatoes take off (they've not done a great deal since being transplanted to grow bags a couple weeks ago) it should be hidden behing foliage.
                              Last edited by Ashaman42; 08-05-2011, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Today's been compost day
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X