This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by missalaska View Post
    Pulled out all the straw from the strawberry plants - pegged some runners and tidied it all up. Dug over one bed.
    I am glad you put your location on - I thought I'd woken-up from a 5/6 Months hibernation
    Remember If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !

Comment

• Played mud pies at the lottie, Fi was a star and helped me get two small beds turned over.

Comment

• Went in to town for other things but came back with:

1 x fleece for carrot bed
        1 x roll of string
        1 x bottle of tomato feed
        1 x pack of plastic label pegs
        1 x bag of slug pellets

Just couldn't help myself. This new venture is opening up isles i've never used before lol.
        www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

• Transplanted lots of chilli seedlings into single pots, kept half in the heated prop in GH moved half indoors to see which thrive best.
          "We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."-- Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Dug out the soil in the Polly-tunnel after a paraffin spill & replaced with manure & top soil. Smells much sweeter! Removed germinated onions & leeks from propagator into open greenhouse.

Comment

• Just finished sowing:-
              Peas
              Meteor
              Broad Beans
              The Sutton
              Chilis
              Tropical Heat
              Aubergines
              Rotunda Bianca and Violetta Lunga 2

Already on the go are:
              Chilis
              Tropical Heat, Hot Cayenne and Twilight.

Comment

• Yesterday - cut up weed suppressant and barrowed loads of bark chips for paths at the plot. Planned, in my head, where things are going to go. Dug in some cardboard that was (in October) covering beds. Might do some more today, though it looks a bit grey and cold. I might have to play in the greenhouse and potting shed (ie one end of the garage) and sow seeds!

Comment

• - chitted dwarf French beans for an early indoor planting, then planted up on different windowsills
                  - planted up the chitted sweet pea seeds
                  - potted up baby foxgloves, the ones that haven't rotted that is
                  - cut old leaves off the now flowering hellebores
                  - squished dozens of aphids on the indoor seedlings (every day there are more)
                  - turned over 4 of the lotty daleks, evicting a dozen baby mice at the same time
                  - weeded out the flowering grass, speedwell, groundsel, chickweed and dead nettle at the lotty
                  - started chitting Flum's Magnum Bonum peas
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 25-02-2011, 03:04 PM.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Started off 6 onions. Will do another 12 this afternoon to go on the landing windowsills
                    Put up bamboo support for runner beans.
                    Picked up the remainder of slabs from the freecycle network and now have working paths between beds.
                    sawn broom handle to make a dibber for planting leeks and a twin dibbers with twine for straight line planting
                    www.gyoblog.co.uk

Comment

• finished making the cold frame, moved water butts and finished gutter around the shed.
                      my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

• 5 hours of digging and I have finally made it to the other end of the lottie. It might only be 2 foot wide but I am at the other end :-) neighbour dug some over for me and planted some rubarb I was given on Friday. Thats it now till the weekend for me :-(
                        Last edited by lottieanne; 20-02-2011, 04:14 PM.
                        My allotment http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...allotment.html

Comment

• Hi two sheds. What do you mean by chatting beans? Hope not too daft a question!

Loving my allotment!

Comment

• Went to plot - it was cold but I made more paths and used bricks to edge some beds. Progress was made.

Comment

• Today I planted some chives, i've never eaten chives, (unless sour cream and chive pringles count!!) they will stay indoors.

Also got some help from my eldest daughter..

We planted 4 tomato seeds - Marmande

3 chilli's - Apache

Using Dt browns seeds I normally get very good rates of germination.

I'm sowing little and often this year, hoping for a good constant supply rather than everything cropping at once.

and some cress for her homework, good the school wants them to get growing at a young age!!

Watered the four early cauli's in the greenhouse and checked on the garlic.
                              <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

• After starting the process of digging out one of the compost heaps yesterday (it's been 3 years since I cleared it, it just has random green things thrown on it all season), I sieved a barrow load today, and added it to the broad bean bed, having already dug in the green manure I used over winter.

Also added a bag of FYM to one of the beds in the tunnel. For some reason, one bed is lovely and moist, with dark friable soil, the other is dried out, pale and awful. Shall add another bag tomorrow and maybe move some of the 'good' soil over to this side.
                                Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X