Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sowed sweet peas and petit pois in the greenhouse, and sowed collected sweet peas from last year's F1 hybrids - interested to see what comes up and whether I can select and save for next year. Also sowed early calabrese broccoli in gh and cape gooseberry indoors.
    Hispi cabbage, Musselburgh leeks and psb doing well - all sowed about 10 days ago. Should keep a diary I suppose!
    Picked baby leeks, psb and pakchoi for dinner. They were scrummy, and the psb so sweet! There's nothing like the flavour when they go straight from plot to pot!

Comment

• Got to the allotment to find a pile of s**t had been left from the market so got stuck in and moved loads to both my plots, I will leave it to rot down as its fresh. Also sowed 350onion sets !!! to go with the 300 plus I sowed in the atumn, I think I have lost quite a few of those.
      50 Snowball
      50 Centurian
      50 Comred
      100 Red Baron
      100 Hercules.
      Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
      and ends with backache

Comment

• This morning I washed the long black trays we use in the green houses, in which we put the pots of lettuce, rocket, land cress, chillis and sweet peppers etc.

Then, this afternoon I spent an hour and a half helping dig over the veg beds of the village school.

This evening I ache everywhere but I feel good

Comment

• For the last few weeks I’ve had various containers of compost warming up in the greenhouse so today I put out 5 chitted seed potatoes in a fish box, covered them up with more warm compost and then stretched bubble wrap over the top of the box. Although we are still having frosts they are not as cold as last month and it’s not actually getting down to freezing in the greenhouse. If the weather does get really bad all I have to lose is a few spuds and if they do come on I’ll have a nice early crop. Will plant out another lot next week as it looks unlikely that I’ll get any in the outside soil much before the end of the month.

Comment

• Yesterday sowed some broad beans, peas and sweet peas in the Greenhouse.

Today I spent 2 hours cleaning inside and outside the greenhouse - still needs bit more work, think previous owner hadn't cleaned it for a while.
            Elsie

Comment

• Sowed some parsnip seeds first germinated on damp kitchen roll, sowed some pre-soaked nasturtium seeds (self-saved last year), sowed some pre-soaked broad beans (mix of 4 types) in loo roll tubes in the gh and a handfull direct into the raised bed, moved trays of Autumn Mammoth leek seedlings into gh, sowed Half Pint peas (dwarf var.) in a pretty patio pot. And stared at my tom and chili seedlings willing them to be bigger.
              come visit a garden
              or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Planted chitted broad bean "aqua dulce" and pea "kelvedon wonder" in root trainers.
                Am pleased that my polycarb Gh hasn't dropped to 0 degrees during the last few nights, despite the quite heavy frosts we've had in the last few nights.
                Made it to 76 degrees yesterday in the sunshine.
                And yes, I know I'm mixing my temperature scales, but that's what we do in Britain isn't it?

Comment

• - planted out a tray (40) of garlic (supermarket)
                  - and a 5" pot of same (the roots were better on these: deeper pot)
                  - transplanted a row of self-sown chard on the lotty, with frozen fingers
                  - also cleaned up the weeds around the tap, and planted nemophila (self sown)
                  Last edited by Two_Sheds; 08-03-2010, 02:39 PM.
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• I've spent the afternoon cleaning the plant pots and trays that my next door neighbour gave me. I don't usually bother cleaning mine but these had been stored in his shed for years.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by perkin View Post
                      sowed some pre-soaked nasturtium seeds (self-saved last year),
                      Sorry if this sounds either sarcastic or stupid, it is a genuine question. Why, planting now, do you bother to pre-soak nasturtiums?
                      Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
                      >
                      >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

• I'd of said that it's the equivalent of 'chitting' seed-potatoes, if you want? ie. it's not completely essential, but it can help 'shufty things on a bit'!

Incidentally.... what I just now today did, was to contact an on-line moderator, having spoken to Pigletwillie on the phone, because someone's been tampering with our Funny Farm Blog page, and making it disappear. If this has happened to you too, please report it straight away to the online moderator. Numpties like that need the rug pulled from under their feet.
                        Thank you for listening. X

Comment

• Sowed broad beans and autumn mammoth leeks in the greenhouse. Planted summer fruiting rasps and had a good tidy up
                          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Planted out all my soft fruit and rhubarb, just hope all takes.

Comment

• visited the polytunnel I'll be 'borrowing' some of. Wheeeee!!!!!

Comment

• Spent a couple more hours trying to destone the veg area to be

Got very excited this morning to see the early jalepno seeds coming to life, only 5 days after sowing
                                Elsie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X