Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looked out the window at the sleet and rain all week nothing but poor weather can't even get down to the lottie to check it

Comment

• Spent the day with my two year old and took him to Jump (local soft play) and then showed him my new lottie on the way back home.

He seemed impressed (he said 'Wow' when I pointed at my shed and said 'that's my shed')......

Comment

• Dug up my Parsnips and prepared them for the freezer. That leaves another piece of the lottie i have to sort out.
        "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

• Originally posted by binley100 View Post
          You could always try freecycle........
          No freecycling of people is allowed, such a shame I could think of one or two

Re-boarded a little raised bed,dug it over [it had a mix of council compost and sods in it to rot together, de-weeded, re-planted a rosemary bush and a sage bush in half of it.
          Sowed red baron onion and shallot sets.
          Partially emptied the greenhouse, bought some compost to seed myself silly tomorrow

Comment

• Today I mostly dog proofed the raised beds, no more fun in there for my muddy little helper. She did try tunneling under though and I now have a lovely hole in the lawn.

Dogs, got to love em, never a dull moment !!!!

Graham

Comment

• Oh what a Glorious DAY!!! Came home from college lecture with sunlight to spare and found myself attacking the converted flower bed. Have already gotten lovely, wonderful OH to dump 5 JCB typeyellowtractorthingy loads of excellent crumbly cow poo (chock full o worms and the texture of brownie crumbs-yum!), and I've just dug about half of it in. Planted peas (it's early, but what the heck) and made a couple of fantastic bean pole teepees with clematis reverse-twist wrapping spiraling around. It felt good to put all those pesky vines to use! Fingers crossed now that I get the purple pole bean and cherokee trail of tears from mum.
              THEN I planted out my purple sprouting and sowed some broad beans. In the greenhouse I sowed sweet peas (Hi-scent, Orange Crush and Stormy Seas) nasturtums (sp) and checked on the lupins, only 23 out of 50 have come up thus far but it's early days yet. I want to get more clematis vines now and weave a rough wall now for my sweet pea screen by the gas tanks.
              The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

• Had a blonde moment !

Ok... went to work, on my way home bought Chipped bark for new chook run, sand for dust bowl, creocote for new coop, hudge bags of compost... car boot full.

Went to donate a pint of the red stuff as I do every 4 months only to be reminded I cant lift anything heavy !

Result...... soggy wet stuff left in car overnight !(smelly damp car in the morning)
                You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

• Had a bit of a tidying frenzy in the back garden today and it's looking much better. Moved the garlic, onions and shallots in modules and planters from side of the house into the full sunlight on the patio so they get the benefit of this over the coming weeks. Also being exposed to any more frosts should help the shallot and garlic bulbs/cloves split (they were under a covered walkway before to protect them from the really severe frosts we had at the beginning of the year.

Then went to lottie and put up my guttering on the shed and hooked up the new water butt.

Really wanna get some stuff in the ground at the lottie now and I have a feeling that this coming weekend I'll be moving the shallots, onions and garlic in modules into the ground at the lottie and be sowing the remaining shallot and onion sets I have left. Just hope this clear weather continues so the ground dries out enough to make it possible!

Comment

• Finally a little bit of sun and warmth Put red and yellow onion sets, garlic, shallots and some sweet peas into root trainers - ground still not ready for planting. Sowed 3 different chillies in heated propogator. Went through rest of seeds that need to sow in next few days and get on the windowsill. Need a little less frost so can do a bit more digging.
                    Elsie

Comment

• Potted up the four chilli seeds that have chitted. They're from a mixed pack that was free with GYO mag, so I have no idea what they are, and hope they aren't all the same variety!

Put Broad Bean The Sutton seeds on damp kitchen roll, likewise some Chard Bright Lights seed that I found in a box in the garage. Wouldn't normally do this with chard seeds, but this is years old I think so it's an experiment as I suspect it's not viable.

Washed out pots and seed trays, and went through my box of seeds yet again...child in a sweet shop image springs to mind!

(Oh, and last but not least made some Millionaires Shortbread by popular request of DS - it is totally delish!)
                      Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

• spent an age hand weeding the brassica bed today. It looks much better now

Comment

• Sowed broad beans.
                          Wasgoing to do beetroot and peas but the light went,spent too long doing generalsorting and tidying ofpots and greenhouse and fashioning an extra shelf to put pots on in the greenhouse, which consisted of a piece of scaffold board, and two massive cardboard tubes.
                          Buthow thrilled was I to be sowing again? hee hee!!!

Comment

• poked 8 broad bean seeds into the bed in the polytunnel and had a bit of a tidy-up.

Still...early days....

Comment

• Sowed a few more toms indoors. Went to the plot and lifted the last of the Jerusalems and Ocas from my old half plot, trimmed the grass edges and pruned the autumn rasps on the new one and dug a 4ft bed across the plot width.
                              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Emptied one compost bin, turned next one into it, mixed with trimmings from Mum's tidy up. Put table up in temp greenhouse, potted up the sprouted broad beans in some root trainers. Praised the first potato to show it head above the soil in the greenhouse pots-and then promptly covered it over! Sawed up the pallet planks that my DS broke up for me at the weekend, picked up 2 more pallets from yard next door.* Need more raised beds. Had a quick chat with the pepper seeds that have been beaten by the tomatoes and chillis, explaining that they will be left behind if they don't get a move on.
                                Sat in the last of the sun with a cup of tea and a big grin on my face

* Check plumbers merchants/yards for pallets that come with baths. They are longer than average and mean more usable timber.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X