Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• today i have managed to dig over 3/4 of my plot, it was a little heavy but just workable. i dug out a bean trench and have filled it with the contents of the compost bins. turned out and mixed the other bins. i ve sown parsnips into 20 toilet rolls.
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

• Originally posted by hawthorns View Post
      today i have managed to dig over 3/4 of my plot, it was a little heavy but just workable. i dug out a bean trench and have filled it with the contents of the compost bins. turned out and mixed the other bins. i ve sown parsnips into 20 toilet rolls.
      WOW you did loads, well done Right I`m off down the lottie first thing tomorrow

Originally posted by reetnproper View Post
      Mr Blackbird has now joined the Missus and they are both picking over the beds for stragglers .

Reet
      xx
      Thats so romantic
      You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

• I planted up 3 early spuds in a shrub tub in the greenhouse, on 4" of soil and covered by the same. I shall earth up as they grow, fleecing over at night if it looks like a frost.
        I then scrubbed all last year's (and the year before's) white labels. I use pencil on them and it brillos off ok. I then wrote labels for 30 pea plants from my pea breeding project. They could be substantially different (or they might all be boring!) so each plant needs a number so I can tell which is which at seed saving time.
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Dug another two beds at the lottie.

Comment

• Potted up some cuttings of my curry bush (Helichrysum angustifolium) after someone snapped it off the other day. Took some cuttings of pinks too.
            http://www.greenlung.blogspot.com
            http://www.myspace.com/rolandfrompoland

Comment

• Collected some nice fine soil from mole-hills this afternoon. I suppose that this is technically theft but they were along the hedge by a public right way and I won’t tell if you don’t. Anyway, the soil has been sifted by the moles and is perfect for making up potting compost when mixed with a little peat and sharp sand. Don’t you just love free stuff.

Comment

• No frost and a sunny am in West Cornwall. Pulled a hand-cultivator over a couple of beds to break up the compacted surface, let some air into the soil and disturb any weeds about to emerge. Warm work! Painted a wood stain (sage green!!) and preservative over a wooden wall storage unit that I found in a garden centre sale at a quarter of its listed price. A good time of year to look out for bargains.
                Really great gardens seem to teeter on the edge of anarchy yet have a balance and poise that seem inevitable. Monty Don in Gardening Mad

Comment

• Dismantled a dalek and moved it to a new position, putting all the unrotted stuff back. The big pile of 'chicken and chips' (composted chicken manure with easibed chippings) has gone on the garden veg plot and some on the allotment plot. Got so hot poo-shovelling that I took off my fleece and hung it on the greenhouse door. Went (200yards) to the allotment with a barrow full and blow me, it hailed. Rang Himself from under a tree at the allotments to ask him to bring my coat in. He called me a daft beggar. Bang to rights!
                  Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Originally posted by Flummery View Post
                    Dismantled a dalek and moved it to a new position, putting all the unrotted stuff back. The big pile of 'chicken and chips' (composted chicken manure with easibed chippings) has gone on the garden veg plot and some on the allotment plot. Got so hot poo-shovelling that I took off my fleece and hung it on the greenhouse door. Went (200yards) to the allotment with a barrow full and blow me, it hailed. Rang Himself from under a tree at the allotments to ask him to bring my coat in. He called me a daft beggar. Bang to rights!
                    How do you find the enthusiasm. Well I checked my chillis. 3/4 late starters appearing. Looked out at the garden (cold and damp) so made some doughnuts. Having a rest now.
                    Last edited by Brengirl; 13-02-2010, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Last of the beds dug over now . Just need some more topsoil for some of the raised beds and that's the beds ready for planting .

Reet
                      xx

Comment

• Opened greenhouse doors, walked dog, went to gym, made late lunch, closed greenhouse doors again. Thats enough gardening for today
                        Jane,
                        keen but (slightly less) clueless
                        http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Picked up 4 3' x 2' council slabs from the local builders yard and took them down the lottie as a base for the new shed (those thing are bleedin' heavy! My arms feel a couple of inches longer now).

Also prepped the shed (hung door, nailed purlins onto roof section and nailed struts on flooring) ready for assembly at lottie tomorrow weather permitting and assuming this bloody cold doesn't get any worse....

Comment

• Disaassembled a rickety old shed to move to another position and convert to a chook coop.
                            Planted some spring cabbage plants in area vacated by leeks. Planted some garlic in area vacated by brussel sprouts and gave the sprout stems to the chooks to pick the bones from.
                            Planted up three seedtrays full of Sturon onion sets in the cold greenhouse.
                            Mucked out two of my chook coops, hosed down the inside and put new straw on the floors.
                            Must get some more layers pellets tomorrow as I only have half a bag left.
                            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Just got in from work I'm a Saturday 'girl' so all i've done is inspected my chitting potatoes, marvelled at my germinated seedlings, and rinsed my alfalfa sprouts.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• At last! We got the greenhouse properly glassed up yesterday and today I cleaned and swept it and attached bubblepack 1m high around the walls. I know I shall have to take it down again soon, and that I should have done this last September, but we get late frosts here and I want to get on with my sowing.
                                It's attached with parcel tape since there is nothing inside the frame to clip it to, so I shan't be in the least surprised to find it all lying on the floor tomorrow!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X