Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorted out all my plastic pots according to size. Had a clear out in the shed (to be continued!) Sowed Tomato Roma. Tidied up round the pond. Re-located compost bins and cut away weed membrane from under them to allow worms through. Discovered a suspicious looking tunnel running beneath the shed(Rat poison now on the shopping list!!), so layed some netting under bins until I get some chicken wire. Took apart and re-assmebled bird table as it had a wobble.
    AKA Angie

Comment

• I bought a quince tree! Can't do much at the moment as can't get into the greenhouse and I really need man help to clear it.

Oh and I got some Charlotte salad potatoes ready to be planted.
      Last edited by Gryfon; 28-02-2009, 04:48 PM.
      Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

• made some newspaper pots for my sweetpeas that have been soaking overnight but then realised i have no compost left at home and cant get to the allotment! grrr
        above the clouds the sun is shining and the sky is blue. if you look hard enough you can just about see it!

Comment

• I have sown marigolds and some other hardy bedding plants.
          Also sown Russian kale and perpetual spinach in the greenhouse. Tarragon and coriander in pots on the windowsill.

ok found out I shouldnt have planted the Kale arggggggh
          Last edited by FionaH; 01-03-2009, 01:31 PM.
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

• Today I managed to fix all the raised floor timbers in my octagonal chicken coop. Tomorrow I shal start laying the floor, but have no idea what I'm going to use for it as yet! One of the plotholders has kindly donated a roll of felt for the eight triangles on the roof so I may even make a start with that!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Went to B&Q and bought 4 100 litre bags of soil improver, raked said soil improver over 4 of my new raised veg beds (new top soil is very sandy) and dug it into 2 of the beds. Potted on my 3 Blueberry bushes and sowed my first real lot of seeds of the year:
              Tomato - San Marzano, Garten Pearl, Red Robin & another cherry type that slips my mind.
              Chilli - Hot Mexican & Cayenne.
              Cabbage - Marner something or other.
              Broccolli - Bordeaux
              Leeks - Shelton & Bandit
              Onion - Paris Silverskin
              Pea - Keveldon Wonder
              Broad Bean - Aqua Dulce Claudia.

Hopefully will get some more done tomorrow.
              Jane,
              keen but (slightly less) clueless
              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Dug over a new fruit bed & transferred lots of fruit bushes onto it.Also split up some of our raspberries that were taking over & moved them to another bed.Then in the gaps the raspberry bushes left I popped a peach tree & a nectarine tree.(really don't know how they'll do?)
                Andi built a new compost bin(away from the chooks this time!)& transferred what still needed composting into it & put aside what's ready for when we get some of our new beds sorted.
                Unfortunately,the bag of early spuds I'd hoped to plant got brought home again!...it was going to be an early for us experiment anyway,so not too sad!
                At home sowed 40 Red Epicure broadies into pots & transplanted several rather leggy tom plants from my early sowings.
                the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

• ello me darlins

sown - turnips
                  - tomatoes
                  - sweet peppers
                  - cabbages
                  - caulis
                  - peas
                  - beans
                  - some er form of squash

) more to do
                  Stacey x ♫

Comment

• sowed some quick growing lettuce seed amongst the garlic.
                    And sprinkled bat guano over the garlic bed and around the fruit trees.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

• This morning Fiona H came round and we had a good chinwag about all things gardening, which was great! I potted on aubergine ophelia and sowed two pots of mixed basil. I found two wicker baskets in the shed, so lined each one with cut up old compost bags and sowed Chard Bright Lights in one and Spinach Barbados in the other. Will be interesting to see if it works! Tried to create more windowsill space but haven't really succeeded! Came in cos it got cold and I thought it was going to rain and now the sun's shining!!! Might go out again for a bit.
                      AKA Angie

Comment

• Sowed some basil seeds. Pricked out my hungarian hot wax seedlings into their own pots.
                        Mad Old Bat With Attitude.

I tried jogging, but I couldn't keep the ice in my glass.

Comment

• Spent the morning with our village Britain in Bloom group - planting up the hayrack on the corner of the farm, digging out beds, removing loads of buttercup from one of our borders, generally having a good time in the sun. The lady from the Village Shop brought us out a cuppa and choc biscuits - what a star!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

• Saturday
                            The following were sown:
                            Tomato Sweet Olive (for outside growing) x 8
                            Tomate Moneymaker (for greenhouse growing) x 8
                            Chilli Canapé x 8
                            Asparagus Peas x 18
                            Leek Prizemaker x lots
                            Dahlia Black Beauty x lots

Sunday
                            The following were sown:
                            Beetroot Pronto
                            Spinach Bordeaux F1
                            Radish French Breakfast 3
                            Carrot Parmex
                            Mixed Mild salad leaves
                            Cos salad leaves

Planted a Clematis 'Miss Bateman' which is an experiment to have it growing over the ground of my conifer bed - as ground cover - we shall see!
                            Last edited by piskieinboots; 01-03-2009, 04:51 PM.
                            aka
                            Suzie

Comment

• Took the dogs for a walk 8am. Pricked out Tomatoes,then set of with the OH to meet piglet willie. Had a grand tour of his allotment & plot. Loaded up two gooseberry bushes (yet to be planted) and rounded of the morning with a cup of tea,a tray full of peppers,jars of chutney,herbs ( added to my sunday lunch which were sublime)
                              We left piglet willies house enriched with his shared knowledge of growing vegetables. More importantly my partner and I have been warmly awarded with meeting such a kind generous person.
                              Dave & Kaz its been a pleasure meeting you.
                              Never mind the TWADDLE here's the SIX PETALS.

http://vertagus.blogspot.com/ Annual seedlings.

Comment

• Put a good straight line around the edge of plot to define it.
                                Weeded around my onions and garlic.
                                Planted some parsnip and radish seeds.
                                Dug loads of dandelion seedlings and grass out of plot ready to put first earlies in soon.
                                Tidied up plot generally, chatted to folk.
                                Had my lunch and fell asleep on the sofa.
                                Now off for a bath to ease aching muscles.
                                Lovely day.
                                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X