X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadylane View Post
    Ooh that's a fab idea, will try that - thanks a lot
    Glad to help.

If you use vermiculite it needs to be about 1-2 cm's deep I would guess.

Also worth bearing in mind that, if you come to pot on, the chillis will have probably sent out roots into the vermiculite from the extra stem that has been buried so just be aware of this when re-potting.

Not sure about depths using sand or whether the chilli will try to root into it (I'd guess it probably would) as I've only read about using sand on the internet. Vermiculite worked for me so I've not seen fit to do anything different.

Comment

Just sown into individual modules, Calabrese Ironman and Aquiles, and cauliflowers Avalanche, Graffiti and Mayflower. I also have some autumn sown ones, which have been overwintering in a polytunnel, but wanted to compare and see if there is much difference in harvest time/size. They will all be grown on inside, before making way for a later crop.

A few more peas and B.beans and some leeks, Zermatt for babies, B.H Ardea for earlies and Flextan for mains.

Also Sweetpeas as I didn't get around to it in the Autumn

All indoors at the mo, but not very warm!
      Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

My January sowing has been some onion seeds into modules, currently upstairs in the attic room (but due to go into the mini g/h as soon as I get off my lazy bum), and some leeks & lettuce seed in pots on the kitchen windowsill.

These will go into the mini g/h too, once germinated.

Also sweetpeas into rootrainers,
        Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 19-01-2010, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I have got tomatoes, onions and lemon balm, all groing in the kitchen at the moment in propagators! only sowed seeds on sunday so nothing has appeared yet. Fingers crossed something pops up soon!
          The best fertilizer is the gardener's shadow.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X