This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

' ... so I bit the butler'
    Not like you, Andrea to get violent with servants!
    I have got my potatoes too - small bag of Pentland Javelins and another of Desiree - all I could find that I fancied in the GC.
    Last edited by Jeanied; 10-01-2010, 09:31 AM.
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Aiming to sow chillies, toms and shallots in paper pots in the kitchen this week. And leeks and early peas in the unheated greenhouse once the temp improve.
      come visit a garden
      or read about mine www.suburbanvegplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Chillies, leeks, spuds are chitting (Pentland Javelin and Robinta)

Also some foxgloves.

All are in the house at the moment but will be transfered to the greenhouse as soon as reasonable.
        The weeks and the years are fine. It's the days I can't cope with!

Comment

Chillis, toms, sweet peppers and aubergines although most of my toms will be sown next month and March.
          AKA Angie

Comment

chillis, peppers, aubergines, strawberries, onions, maybe a few caulis if I get round to buying some seeds (too cold to go out yet ) and a few toms. I really should get my leeks started as I haven't had much luck for the past 2 years! Not 1oo% sure what I should sow them in for best results.

Comment

I will be sowing chillis, tomatoes and aubergines tomorrow.

Last weekend I got herbs sown in (windowsill) pots, russian tarragon, sage, red basil and chives - tarragon has already germinated, as have the chives
              aka
              Suzie

Comment

As a newish grower, could I suggest it would be helpful if the poster states if they are sowing indoors in seed trays or modules, or straight into the growing position.

I have sowed indoors tomato Roma VF and Jalapeños
                Also aiming to do onion and leek seeds indoors next weekend
                Aubergines indoors also next weekend
                Caulis and cabbage indoors -week 3

Garlic and shallots and parsnips direct into ground when I can see the ground again

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Originally posted by weekendwellies View Post
                  Garlic and shallots and parsnips direct into ground when I can see the ground again
                  You don't want to be sowing parsnips directly for quite a while yet as the ground will be far too cold until about March (year and area dependent). Last year I sowned mine a week or so into April and they've done great. Had a lovely sweet parsnip soup yesterday and if I can ever find the ground again then I'll pull some more up. If you want to get a head start on them then you can sow on paper or in root trainers / loo rolls but in my opinion it's far too early yet and you'll just be wasting your time.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Thanks Alison ~ noted

“If your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.”

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Churchill : A dog will look up on you; a cat will look down on you; however, a pig will see you eye to eye and know it has found an equal

Comment

Hi, later this week I will sow leeks seeds into a couple of 5" pots in a cold greenhouse.

later in the month i will start off a dozen or so shallots in modules, also in the cold greenhouse.

Burnzie

Comment

I will be sowing leek seeds later this week in modules.

I only have a cold frame and not a greenhouse, so when people are saying that they are sowing in a cold greenhouse, does this mean that will I be ok to sow seeds in modules in a cold frame?
                        Forbidden Fruits make many Jams.

Comment

Hi,
                          I have sown onions this month, although reading the RHS link Fi put at the beginning, it suggests sowing broad beans and small carrots? I was not planning on sowing them yet?
                          What do other grapes think?

Comment

Broad beans will be fine (although sown in modules not direct yet) so long as they're one of the hardier types. Carrots - hmmm, bit early if you ask me but you could sow some in a bucket and keep it under cover for an early crop. No chance of getting them to germinate this early outside though.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

So far I have sown onions, tomatoes, chillies and sweet peppers. I have also bought my spuds, pentland javelin and maris peer and am currently chitting them. The onions have been germinated inside and are currently in the cold kitchen waiting to move to the unheated greenhouse, which will probably be in the next day or so.

Comment

Today i have sown leeks onions and parsnip in seed trays on the window sill if and when they are big enough they will go out into the greenhouse which is only going to be heated on a night (santa brought me a heater ) never used one before

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X