No announcement yet.

I'm going to need a new name...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news. Plant lots of squash and pumpkins and it will look like loads of it is under cultivation!

Comment

congrats 1B +1A = 1 ! 3 weeks ago I also got A to go with B ! its not been used for a year or more so lot of weeding , can dandylions be used for anything good? atb Dal.

Comment

Welcome to your very own Scrapheap Challenge IBee!
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Thankfully there is no committee (just a parish council member who looks after the site) and as long as weeds are kept under control and grass is cut he doesn't mind. It's a very small site, which used to provide growing space to the miners in the cottages in the small village next to it in the middle of a very rural area. There's a mix of veg plots and 'hen pens' and there's no waiting list. The manager is happy with us because even though my plot isn't the neatest or most productive, we turn up and we work hard.

There's no rule about how much needs to be used for growing veg. As long as we're clearly looking after the plot, he's easy. I've discussed with him my wanting to give the boys space to build dens and make mud pies and he offered to help clear the plot...

I'm sorry. I know some of you won't agree with that use of allotment space, and I sympathise with that. But for us, on this site, it's a god send.

I feel a bit guilty. But I'm still going to do it. :-/

Comment

I don't see what you've got to feel guilty about it. If there's no waiting list, doubly so.

Comment

I struggle under the permanent sense that if every square inch isn't sprouting a vegetable I'm Doing It Wrong. thank you.

Comment

even if you are right, I bet there's others Doing It Wronger...

As long as you are using the space and growing some stuff and not harming the soil, then I don't see it as a problem. If you'd just grassed the whole lot over and not used it, then you would be stopping someone else using it, which would become a bad thing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X