Allotment TV Programme

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
    Think that LD was referring to the Allotment DVD as recommended by Sarz & AP!
    scuse me, I only pointed out the link. I didn't recommend the DVD. I haven't seen it. Honest injun

Comment

Originally posted by Aberdeenplotter View Post
      scuse me, I only pointed out the link. I didn't recommend the DVD. I haven't seen it. Honest injun
      Apologies, my mistake.

Comment

no apology needed, just making sure no-one can blame me for anything. Ah am innocent. It wisnae me wot did it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          Think that LD was referring to the Allotment DVD as recommended by Sarz & AP!
          That would make FAR more sense (doh!).

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

This is giving me lots of ideas for a series of YouTube videos for newbies (and old timers who need some reminding).

Pretty much like the Growing Group that Alldigging and I are in the process of getting going.

Reminder videos about what you should be doing in the garden/on the plot this month, practical demonstrations of what to do when your seeds have germinated, how to make and fill a raised bed, money saving tips, why and when to cover your crops, how to save seeds, splitting rhubarb crowns etc.

I think I might start planning whilst I am on holiday over the next week.

What do you all think? Would you be interested in a series of short videos like this, made by a total amateur?

Andy
            Last edited by Samurailord; 13-03-2013, 01:29 PM.
            http://vegpatchkid.blogspot.co.uk/ Latest Blog Entries Friday 13 Mar 2015 - Sowing Update

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
              What do you all think? Would you be interested in a series of short videos like this, made by a total amateur?
              I think that quite a lot of people would probably be interested but personally it's not my thing as, I'm not sure why, but I really struggle with the YouTube format and just can't relax enough to enjoy watching it. I think it may be because from what I've seen majority of what is shown is either unfunny (but supposedly funny) clips of people's kids / animals etc or how to guides. In theory the second of these wouldn't be a problem but I've seen a lot with very bad advice - one of my other hobbies is soap making and there are loads of clips which show clips which I know to be dangerous, let alone bad practice and I think this has coloured my view of other clips which is probably a shame for the good ones. Also, when I watch something on my TV, I can sit down and relax and enjoy what I'm watching, when watching on my 'puter there is too much else going on in the background with suggestions for other clips, adverts and comments. Not sure if this is just me though and certainly not meant to be a negative comment on your endeavours as I think that ideally there should be many different platforms for this sort of thing to suit the widest possible audience.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Samurailord View Post
                This is giving me lots of ideas for a series of YouTube videos for newbies (and old timers who need some reminding).

Andy

OY YOU ,not all so called old timer need reminding,you cheeky monkey

Thats exactly the DVD i meant peeps,the one on 3 disks,i saw the other 1 off manufactured one,and yes alison,had i got that then i would definatley need sectioning,
                Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-03-2013, 02:42 PM.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Dear all, you wont be surprised to hear that I have had 3 negative replies and the rest have ignored my request for an allotment tv programme for us and thousands for allotment holders over the country. Shame on them for not even considering it.
                  Slowly takes it!

Comment

Originally posted by lesleygl View Post
                    Dear all, you wont be surprised to hear that I have had 3 negative replies and the rest have ignored my request for an allotment tv programme for us and thousands for allotment holders over the country. Shame on them for not even considering it.

So how does it work?
                    You pitch an idea to production company who then pitch it to the bbc who decide whether to buy it?

Comment

Goodness knows, but it doesnt sound like their interested in what the likes of us think!
                      Slowly takes it!

Comment

So whats the thinking? Emailing all the people who do the youtube vids and ask them to submit a short 30 min video on a specific subject then have it added to a specific channel i.e. On the allotment???? I would be interested in watching it especially if you also had newbies sending in videos for the show which more experienced gardeners allotmenteers could answer questions on....

Bring it on
                        Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Originally posted by alldigging View Post
                          So how does it work?
                          You pitch an idea to production company who then pitch it to the bbc who decide whether to buy it?
                          If you don't have a posh voice, have a strange long double barreled name, live by a river and start getting sheep cattle etc tell people they should not pay cheaper prices for chicken then show the great unwashed how to boil the bones of an expensive one to make a soup, they aint interested.

Hey that's an idea we could do that and call it something like River Cottage.

OH It's already been done you say?? SHAME.
                          Today I will be mainly growing Vegetables.

Tonight The bloody slugs & snails will eat them!

https://www.facebook.com/manchester....ts?ref=tn_tnmn

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X