Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear, I think here by the South coast we've got the most expensive plots, I pay £90 for a year for 7 rods! It includes water and there is a toilet too.

Comment

• Welcome Kayla79, we'd like to hear a bit more about your plot, what are growing this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
        Welcome Kayla79, we'd like to hear a bit more about your plot, what are growing this year?
        Hi All, thanks for the welcome. I grow just about everything lol. Mostly potatoes, sweetcorn, courgettes, beetroot, peas n beans etc. A few mature fruit trees and fruit bushes, also strawberries and raspberries. Anything that kids will eat lol. We're down south so much warmer climate, however, I'm by the sea so we've got the winds to contend with.

Any tips on managing windy plots?

Comment

• I'm in a coastal location too, I've planted wind breaks to try and reduce the problem, there are things I just don't bother growing if I can't get shorter plants, brussels are a problem, they just rock in the wind so I have given up growing them. Lots of flowers that get battered by the wind too, even had roses snapped by the wind, worse in the winter too.

Comment

• So I'm in Montrose Angus and the plot is £26 for 130m2 (that's something like 5.14 rods). The prices onsite vary depending on plot size from £14 - £48. There appears to be water supplied with a tap situated right outside my plot 🙂.
            It's council run and from what I can tell there's no kind of committee there although I'm sure I will get more info Monday when I get the key.
            There are no gardening mistakes, only learning curves

No matter how big the job or overwhelming the task, a good dose of sheer obstinacy and bloody-mindedness should see you through

Comment

• In Chester

We pay £74/yr for a full size plot 25m x 10m. Water on tap but we’ve installed water butts off the shed roof

Comment

• I think is the dearst

Hi i pay £150 a year for mine just paid £80. For the first 6 months full rent due in April.
                Mine is just over 1000 square meters with a tap on each allotment." Robbing Council".

Comment

• Thats not too bad @Eddie777 if you really have 1000Sq Mtrs. I pay about £45 for just under 200Sq Mtrs. and have to walk to a trough and dip for water (no hose allowed).

Comment

• My plot is 9 rods/perches - That's roughly 33ft wide 75ft long and I would pay £63.00 pa, but here you get a 50% discount on the first 5 perch as an OAP (or on any other benefits) so I only pay £45.50.
                    We get a strong perimeter fence, padlocked gate, the hedge trimmed yearly and water (4 taps on site) for that. There has been a lot of discussion about paying more to cover the water bill over the last few years, but banning the use of hosepipes, has reduced demand a bit - so we might get away with it for a bit longer. Fingers crossed

Comment

• 5 rod plot costs me £36 per year.

Comment

• £90 for me in Leeds! Full plot, water & toilets. No manure or woodchip

Comment

• 1.7 acres, half overgrown, hedged and fenced perimeter, high padlocked double gate, no water or other facilities, £100 p.a.

Comment

• Mine is in London, around 150 plots. I have a 9 rod plot, it's about £90 a year. We have loads of taps and hosepipes allowed, toilets, there is a club house of sorts but it's only open Sunday mornings.

Comment

• Mine is 110 square metres, on a fenced and locked site, for £54 a year. The council strim the paths and the vacant plots every two weeks or so in the warm months.
                              Water is extra, charge each year based on consumption (total usage divided by number of plot holders), but the cost is fairly minimal. It was hot and dry last year and we used quite a lot, and the water bill only came to about £5.20 for the year.

Comment

• Got 3 plots

Plot 1:
                                Last edited by Muddy_Boots; 16-05-2020, 12:00 PM.
                                The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X