Hello from a "new" member

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SusieG View Post
    Well, I'm glad you've decided to 'come back' home ....
    I'm not suckin' up or owt, but this is an exceptionally lovely group to be in MMT!
    I, for one, feel like I've many 'virtual friends' out there with a load of brill advice, or a shoulder to cry on or to have a bleat about something ~~ and to top it all, they're all as nutty as a fruit cake ........!!!!
    Thank God - I've found just the place for people like me!
    I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

I'm just waiting for your first IT/computing question...
      Last edited by Baldy; 08-06-2016, 12:58 PM.
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Hello GG/Miss Mousetrousers and welcome from me too.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

IT question Baldy and only the one??? Surely you know me well enough by now to know better. OK - you asked for it!
          1) How do I edit my profile (did it once and forgotten how), slightly alter my user name and also add my pic and comment logo?
          2) What essential difference is there between the quick reply and the advanced one and, as well as these green buttons, I have a Reply to Thread at the bottom of the page which I thought I was already doing - er?
          3) How do I add a previous quote to my post in the advanced mode?
          4) Have you told anyone about T.A.R.T.S yet?

Comment

Since you've asked Baldy, I await his answers about the workings of this Forum with interest

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Mousetrousers View Post
              IT question Baldy and only the one???
              But it's in four parts - Typical GG/Miss Mousetrousers - I had nearly forgot about T.A.R.T.S
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

Shame on you Cadders, and your grammar has a lot to be desired as well! Must tell Baldy that I managed to post a pic on the What Makes You Happy thread without any faffing whatsoever. That's one question less for him to answer but it won't half make your eyes water!

Comment

Hello and welcome MMT..hope you enjoy!
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

Shame on you Cadders, and your grammar has a lot to be desired as well! Must tell Baldy that I managed to post a pic on the What Makes You Happy thread without any faffing whatsoever. That's one question less for him to answer but it won't half make your eyes water!
                    Mousey, you really know your stuff, don't you!

Cadders is an expert - as is Balders, so just stop teasing them and get on with some proper gardening instead of faffing about and making everyone's life a misery and getting involved with tinctures and stuff!

Please? ;0)

You and I know each other far too well, and there're good people closely watching what's going on here, and as a new boy (boy?) I'm going to be on my best behaviour, so watch it!

That pointy stick seems worrying though - I'm glad I never made anyone get that in the other place..;0)

Comment

IT question Baldy and only the one??? Surely you know me well enough by now to know better. OK - you asked for it!
                      1) How do I edit my profile (did it once and forgotten how), slightly alter my user name and also add my pic and comment logo?
                      2) What essential difference is there between the quick reply and the advanced one and, as well as these green buttons, I have a Reply to Thread at the bottom of the page which I thought I was already doing - er?
                      3) How do I add a previous quote to my post in the advanced mode?
                      4) Have you told anyone about T.A.R.T.S yet?
                      You ask the mods !
                      1. I expect you won't be allowed to change your username as VC would have to revist her mysql DBA training to do something like:
                      RENAME USER 'Miss Mousetrousers'@'localhost' TO 'Mrs Mousetrousers'@'127.0.0.1';
                      and they don't like doing that - could lead to allsorts if VC's been on the special brew.
                      As for the profile stuff a lot can only be done once you've done a certain number of posts. Take a look at:
                      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ine_66381.html
                      2. Speed & multiple ways to skin a cat
                      3. Not sure - as I'm always looking for speed so haven;t done this but I'd try
                      Select text - Click da button to 'Wrap QUOTE tags around selected text
                      4. No - and so long as you continue to be polite to me I shall keep 'schtum'
                      (Strictly speaking you have asked a number of forum management questions specific to this forum, rather than IT / computer ones)
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome. I did something similar: signed up here, forgot, signed up somewhere else and then came back. And right glad I am that I did.

Oddly, I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how I'd know if you turned up. Really good to see you hear.

Comment

Re 1. Even with special brew we Mods can't change usernames - that's a job for Admin.

Comment

https://youtu.be/YWyCCJ6B2WE
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              Re 1. Even with special brew we Mods can't change usernames - that's a job for Admin.

And even then they only do it under exceptional circumstances.
                              I've only known it to happen about 3 times in 10 years and those situations were very unique.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Hello & Welcome
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X