No announcement yet.

I may have imbibed too much Gin......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and a very warm welcome to the Vine We're not odd in Yorkshire, just special.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Hello and welcome Darren. We can look to you for some good recipes for our surplus veg then?
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Thankyou for your welcoming comments, I've a feeling I may be putting upon you for advice (which is I guess the point of joining). In return I promise culinary tips sans Ramsey style language..FFFFFF

Comment

Welcome Floyd, first name's not Keith is it, no wonder you're on the gin!!

So first culinary tip please: already getting a bit fed up of courgettes: I've done soup, griddled, shallow fried in OO and garlic, and pizza topping so far. Any more exciting suggestions? (Not a cake fan so nothing sweet please.)
          Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Hi Vince, my dog is named Floyd in homage to my musical taste, my love of muppets and more importantly the late and great Keith Floyd...truly the king of television Chefs.

Courgettes are a ball ache mate, I deliberately don't grow them because I know I'll get bags of them thrown my way from my allotment owning friends who year after year grow them and never eat them!
            I love them sliced thinly and dipped in fresh herbs and flour, then a light batter and deep fried...great beer snacks. You could try pickling them if you quarter them lengthwise and take out the seed part, they'll come out like softer Gherkins, but use a lighter vinegar for the medium due to the softer flesh.

Comment

Indeed Mr Floyd was a genius, was watching him tonight on his series round the Med.

Liking the beers snacks option. Not used the deep fat fryer for 2 months or more (was emptied when we moved house and not filled it up again yet). Might have a tempura or pakora session! Plenty of carrots, cauli, romanesco etc on the lottie to be used.

Did think of pickling but like you said, I thought they might go to mush. However as my gherkin plant has so far produced 3 fruit and is now rather moribund, they might provide a useful substitute for winter pickles.
              Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X