I may have imbibed too much Gin......

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may have imbibed too much Gin......

But I swear I was sent here by a vegetarian chicken!

Hi, I'm Darren. I'm a Chef who obviously thought the job didn't take up enough waking hours, so decided 4 kids,an ex wife,a large garden,10 chickens, a cat which thinks it's a dog.....and a manic Border collie pup, may possibly fill in the remaining hour of the day
    Last edited by zazen999; 02-08-2013, 05:54 AM. Reason: Removing swearing

Aha - I note that your large garden would be perfect for growing veg, which doesn't appear to be on your list of activities.....as yet!

Welcome to the Vine - nice to see that a quality gin appears in your glass. Mind you, by the time you've turned your garden into a veg plot (what wonderful things you could do with those fresh and tasty veg), you might find that homemade wine is on your radar too...

Comment

Hi again!! You're going to need an extra hour or two in your day to come and chat with us

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Hi again!! You're going to need an extra hour or two in your day to come and chat with us
        Oh, I don't know - keeping in touch with the Vine takes no more that 10 minutes a day for any of us, surely?

Comment

Hazel fear not, I dabble with potatoes (with mixed results), peas, beans, tomatoes, strawberries....all the usual starter stuff. It's taken me nearly 10 years to get some kind of control of the wilderness of my back garden ...I dug out enough asbestos to roof two garages at one point! It's Yorkshire..they're all a bit odd up here Hoping I'm at a point now where I can start to enjoy it, hence my joining here for advice.

Comment

Ps, I'll stick with the quality Gin......I have very bad youth memories of homebrew wine

Comment

Pps....I told you I was sent by a vegetarian chicken......my therapist will never fall for this!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
                Oh, I don't know - keeping in touch with the Vine takes no more that 10 minutes a day for any of us, surely?

I'm just a bit slow Hazel

Comment

Originally posted by Floyd View Post
                  It's Yorkshire..they're all a bit odd up here
                  I've been called many things in my life but never odd...............
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Would you happen to be one of the shirtless lads that VC has stowed away in her garden?

Comment

Careful Chris - you've been one of those lads - although you did keep your shirt on

Comment

Hello and welcome to the vine Darren
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Careful Chris - you've been one of those lads - although you did keep your shirt on
                          That's because I am a gentlelad!

Comment

Hello, and welcome to the Madhouse!

Bit early for me, I'm on the Coffee, but I'll raise a glass of grin an' tonic to you, this evening.
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Santé from a very ex-chef.

Happy veggie growing.
                              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X