Hello!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carly View Post
    welcome and congratulations on your recent addition. I too am growing seedling on window sills at the moment
    Hi Carly,

Whereabouts in Oxfordshire are you?

Stan

Comment

A couple of pics. The one with the white board is the patch of earth I threw some seeds in last year! We moved in March and had loads to do to the house so this was very much a second priority.

Other two are from this year. Weed control fabric due to the reason I'm typing this one handed... An 8 week old baby.

A bit more organised this year so garlic, onions, shallots, parsnips, carrots, beetroot, broccoli, potatoes, radish, spaghetti squash and lettuce are all in. More squash, sweetcorn, strawberries, leeks, rocket, spinach all growing indoors or in a mini greenhouse! More to plant straight out when/if the weather gets a bit warmer!
      Attached Files

Comment

More pics!
        Attached Files

Comment

A few more pics of the plot!

Top left - 24 sweetcorn and 8 squash
          Left - potatoes
          Bottom left - gem lettuce, mixed lettuce, broccoli. Spinach beet to go in when a bit more established.

Top right - 6 French and 4 runner beans, 3 squash.
          Right - parsnips, onions, shallots, garlic, carrots.
          Bottom right - leeks, beetroot, radish.

All going well really!
          Attached Files

Comment

I have ended up with an extra bit of space in the plot. What else should I grow? I have gooseberry, red currant, strawberry and raspberry and rhubarb all ready to go into a fruit cage next to the plot so what am I missing that I can either grow from seed now or buy in plug form now?

Comment

My answer to all questions this year is Kale Or sprouts, fennel and after the longest day, lots of oriental veggies.

Comment

Ooooh. We talked about Kale originally. Good suggestion. Seed or plug at this time of year?

Thank you.

Anyone else think there's something more deserving than Kale?

Comment

Kale from seed -and what could be more deserving than kale

Comment

I sense you like Kale!!!

Comment

TBH I'm not sure as I've never really grown it before. I'm playing catch up and growing at least a dozen different varieties and I have a dream that it will be the answer to everything. Young leaves to eat raw, bigger leaves for cooking, will be pickable all year round including through winter, will be able to cope with dappled shade under trees, will shrug off rabbits .........Of course, I could be wrong

Comment

Hello everyone it's Amy Henry here. I was a surgeon but because of my asthma and age i get retired from this, and decided to live in supported living community here i'm living very happy with 24/7 medical services or other supports like domestic. Anyways i join this forum because i always wanted to do gardening it's my hobby and here i find some related stuff of that.

Comment

"Welcome to the vine Stan.

Your cottage garden sounds lovely."

How the heck did that happen? I was posting in a completely different thread!!!

Go figure....
                          Last edited by out in the cold; 08-06-2013, 07:51 PM. Reason: this site is nuts today!
                          Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

Please ignore my previous post edit... I am obviously going senile!
                            Quanti canicula ille in fenestra ?

Comment

One of the first signs is talking to yourself OITC

Comment

And the next sign is disagreeing with yourself!

Welcome Stan - congrats on your first (harvest and child )
                                Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X