Hello all Newbie signing on!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trev-P View Post
    I think my first goal is to work out what I/family wants to eat plus some experimental and take it from there.
    I add something new to my regulars every year. Surprising how often they get added to the regulars for future years. Whatever else you do, don't grow too many courgette plants unless your family, your neighbours and vague acquaintances absolutely love them...

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I add something new to my regulars every year. Surprising how often they get added to the regulars for future years. Whatever else you do, don't grow too many courgette plants unless your family, your neighbours and vague acquaintances absolutely love them...
      Funny you should say that as I dont like Courgettes or Cucumbers( Cucumbers seem to repeat on me and get bad acid reflux with them) not a great fan of squashes either.

Also just an update still havent got access to the site yet, waiting for the forms to sign, So havent had a real good look at whats what yet and the real state of things.
      Last edited by Trev-P; 08-12-2021, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Looks like you've got the first rule of gardening (after all the other first rules, of course): only grow what you like to eat. Hope you're able to get the paperwork sorted soon.
        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 09-12-2021, 05:43 AM.

Comment

well all signed up and now the owner of plot 15b, Just need some good weather when not working to start attacking things.

One thing I did find on site which I have no idea of what its for, there are about 8 buckets screwed together in pairs, tops together with holes drilled in 1 bottom like a plant pot and the other has its bottom cut off to form a diamond shape plant pot, I was thinking maybe for potatoes? any ideas

edit to add :

you can see two of them in the the covered work space area, I didnt realise they were screwed together at the time.
          Last edited by Trev-P; 15-12-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on signing up Trev. The buckets could be for forcing a crop (excluding the light) on eg rhubarb, chicory, sea kale etc.
            Know what you mean about timing your activities around the weather, we took our second plot on at this time of year and as an old and experienced gardener pointed out at the time "good gardens are made in winter"
            Gives you time to tend to structures and beds without too many crops in the way.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X