Wanted - Wheelbarrow recommendation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kristen View Post
    We don't have many leavers here, so the youngest gets blamed instead ... mind you ...he's normally off collecting a Sky Hook

Hadn't thought about long/short double sided spikes, that's a good idea - apart from when not rolled up of course ...

First time I worked on a farm I was dead chuffed that I managed to reverse a tipping trailer into a narrow space between two barns as it was during the lunch hour and noone around to assist me ... wound the leg down, disconnected the hitch etc. ... left the hydraulic line connected, oops! and drove off at a sharp angle dragging the trailer into the corner of the barn Good quality hydraulic hose they used!
    Ha ha, one day I was turning a field of hay when I heard a huge crash coming from the the farm yard, I went to investigate. We had recently had two large buildings constructed about £8000 each, they were timber on a concrete base and our pride and joy. My dad had decided to do a farm tour on our little grey petrol fergy. The battery was flat so he used the starting handle. unfortunately he had left it in top gear. It started and he had to jump clear as it drove off at considerable speed straight into the side of one our new buildings. It did a lot of damage all uninsured. The silver lining was that from that day forward any damage or accident caused by me or our staff was always defended by "Well gaffer accidents do happen" with a quick nod to towards the crumpled shed.
    Last edited by Bill HH; 20-03-2015, 09:46 AM.
    photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Industrial tyres puncture proof tyres flat free tyres cycle tyres

These are the people to go to. I can personally recommend their tyres.

Cheers, Tony.
      Semper in Excrementem Altitvdo Solvs Varivs.

Comment

I'm currently on the look out for a wheelbarrow. There was an abandoned one on my allotment when I took it over but it's badly rusted and I don't trust it.

Do people prefer metal or plastic barrows?

I've looked and B&Q and Screwfix so far but the reviews of the ones they sell seem really mixed and don't instill me with a lot of confidence so any suggestions would be good
        Last edited by Ryleh; 12-10-2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I use this garden trolley for most jobs in preference to my wheel barrow, it is light, has a heavy duty 75 litre capacity PU bucket, tipper function, pneumatic tyres and articulated steering make the trolley easy to manoeuvre in restricted areas. It is more stable than a wheelbarrow because of the four wheels, I have carried FYM, compost, firewood, bricks/stones without any problems and on occasions have towed it behind my compact tractor when my trailer hitch was damaged
          Attached Files

Comment

Where did you get it from?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryleh View Post
              Where did you get it from?
              I bought on DoneDeal.ie, it is an Irish classified ads website, I saw a version of it in Aldi earlier this year also but looked a little flimsier, I found it by googling "garden cart" looking for something completely different, Ebay may be worth trying.

Comment

Prompted by another wheelbarrow update http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...row_90870.html I'm adding one too.
                The Haemerlin (?sp) barrow has been great but the tyre not so good - same problem, punctures! I blame it on the hawthorn.
                Anyway, I bought a puncture proof tyre from eb@y (£9.99). The tyre was a bit narrower than the original so had to be packed out around the axle, but otherwise its been great.

Comment

VC Snap, I cut two blue water pipe washers to make sure the wheel was in the middle of the axle
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X