Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    I've seen this Slime repair kit that seems to have good reviews
    Slime is brilliant stuff ~ I've not had a puncture in about 6 years of using it, when I used to get one a week (the local sport is to throw beer bottles onto bike lanes)
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
      Slime is brilliant stuff ~ I've not had a puncture in about 6 years of using it, when I used to get one a week (the local sport is to throw beer bottles onto bike lanes)
      That's useful to know - I need new tyres for my Bike and my Barrow.
      All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
      Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
        I need new tyres for my Bike
        they're inner tubes though, not tyres, and the inner tubes are preferable to the injectible stuff (though it all smells like fish anyway)
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 01-07-2012, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Two_Sheds View Post
          they're inner tubes though, not tyres, and the inner tubes are preferable to the injectible stuff (though it all smells like fish anyway)
          Fine, I need tubes too!

Comment

I knew there wouldn't be a simple answer to my Which Wheelbarrow plea! Now its whether I Slime the existing tyre: buy another barrow with or without a slimed tyre, or a Greentyre, or a funky one!

Comment

I bought one from the orange diy store - their decent range, a builders one. I've treated it extremely rough, overloaded it (pretty much always do), carted it miles and it's still going strong 2 years on It's really had a battering.

Comment

I bought one from the orange diy store - their orange plastic range - it's fab. Only problem is, after pushing Mr.G across the garden in it, I popped the tyre and inner tube. Both turned out to be really really substandard cheapos, and the plastic wheel turned out to be buckled.

Unfortunately, I had already lost the receipt, so we tried straightening the wheel (bowl of stupidly hot water), and that didn't work. I'm planning on replacing the wheel with a 'proper' one when I get round to it. Currently the barrow is keeping the rain off the mower engines!

A couple of chums at the stables use them all the time, and they love 'em!

Comment

So an orange plastic one with a Greentyre may be the answer?
                  Edit - then I found this review :-
                  Small Axle and Puncture Prone
                  "This wheelbarrow has a small axle..10mm. The tyre being pneumatic is prone to frequent punctures. replacing the tyre with a puncture proof tyre is problematic as these tyres have an axle of 20mm generally and therefore don't fit.
                  I recommend getting a wheelbarrow with a 20mm axle and getting a puncture proof tyre for it,"
                  Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-07-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

I've never had a puncture on my wheel barrow (owned it about 15 years now so must be gentler with it that some of you guys ) but find slime to be brilliant stuff in bike tyres. Never used it to seal a hole (didn't know it worked after the event) but it seals holes caused by brambles / thorns really well, you just see a little green bit on the tyre where the hole was.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Now its whether I Slime the existing tyre ...
                      It depends how big the puncture hole is.

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                      it seals holes caused by brambles / thorns really well
                      As Alison says, it heals small holes, but wouldn't do a bigger cut (glass, for example)

Comment

The OH bought me a lovely bright orange (to match my shredder!) wheel barrow for Chrimmble two years ago.

He too is a firm believer in having a tyre <goes off to find out where he bought it....> Home Base!

I love the barrow, which is light enough but robust...... And easy to tip onto the compost heap if full, err, compost stuff!
                        If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

Just look what LIDL are selling from 5th July - Puncture sealant £2.49
                          LIDL Great Britain - lidl.co.uk

Comment

you can try to use polyurethane foam... if you have a big hole fil it up with the foam then while it expand it will fix the tyre... bu tmake sure that you have a hole for the air to escape and the foam to fill il up... no more air inside.

Comment

I've got a galvanised wheelbarrow, it's great, but the legs are going to rust long before anything else falls apart.

I've taken the tyre off once down tot he garage for them to fix it.

Comment

Remember this thread, Grapes? Today, I finally bought a wheelbarrow - one of these Haemmerlin 5000 Polypro Wheelbarrow 90lt
                                They're on special at the Garden Centre, supposedly half price for £39.99. They showed me 3 and each one had some rust on the paintwork After a little discussion, they reduced it to £30 as long as I didn't use my Gardening Club card! A few dabs of hammerite and it'll be sorted. In fact I'll do all the vulnerable bits of metalwork -and when the tyre punctures, I'll buy some sealant or a solid tyre
                                Thanks for all your help
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 14-10-2012, 10:21 PM. Reason: tpyo

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X